Caja fuerte in a bank

Conalson

Registered
Hi I finally sold my apartment last Yr and the money was deposited in a bank account. I'm now back and want to get this money safe from some 2001 nightmarish stuff. I know I can take 10k back in cash but I had been told some banks offer the service of putting your dollars in a safe obviously for a fee. Do all or any banks offer this service. Fairly stressed with this now. Will appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Most banks and branches do offer safety deposit boxes.
You don’t need to have an account with the bank but it helps as often they have wait-lists plus you get discounted rental fees.
The rental fees are different according to the size of the box you rent.
Non bank options also exist like Hausler (they have a branch at Alto Palermo) or INGOT (a secure building downtown) They can usually help arranging the safe transport of money too.

You don’t need to have an account with the bank but it helps as often they have wait-lists plus you get discounted rental fees.
I had an account with HSBC where my salary was deposited to (caja sueldo). They made me to wait for 3 months before allowing me to get a safe deposit box (it was not a wait-list, they had boxes available). So, I take this "don't need to have an account" with a grain of salt, but YMMV, naturally.

Last edited:
Hi I finally sold my apartment last Yr and the money was deposited in a bank account. I'm now back and want to get this money safe from some 2001 nightmarish stuff. I know I can take 10k back in cash but I had been told some banks offer the service of putting your dollars in a safe obviously for a fee. Do all or any banks offer this service. Fairly stressed with this now. Will appreciate any feedback. Thanks
It's my understanding you can travel with more than $10k but must declare it and risk getting set up by unscrupulous border agents. Do your own research.

At Santander Rio at Tribunales (Viamonte) they have empty boxes.

Thanks for all these replies. Has anyone ever used trans secure or green armour for the safe transportation of money. Thanks in advance

Hi

I'm back with this dilemma. I'm not able to transfer the proceeds of the sale of my apartment to my account in Europe. Apparently if I had a dollar acct in my home bank I could but I can't make any progress re this with my own bank. Everyone says I should get them out o the argentine but I find putting it ino some safety box so alien and it doesn't fill me with confidence. So I can take 10 grand home with me but the rest I'll have to leave in a security box. Would people recommend a bank over privately owned security house. It goes without saying everything has risk. I get that any advice would be greatly apreciated

You can take note than 10k with you at at time. You just need to declare it if more than 10k. I would have all your paperwork in hand so you can explain where it came from.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 0
Back