Calling Internationally in Argentina

and don't forget Skype and countless other VOIP providers.

the best deals are the pay-as-you-go 2c a minute any landline and max 30c (US cents) a minute for cellphones anywhere in the world - well thats what I have + you need a laptop.

the calling cards and monthly subs are the worst deals arround

I use skype for calling internationally with skype credit as it seems to be by far the cheapest, but you need a headset.

Fishface said:
and don't forget Skype and countless other VOIP providers.

Internetcalls.com Maya mentioned above is one of Betamax clones, that is probably the lowest rate voip provider. I just did not know they have a local access number.

I am using Callcentric normally, but when calling from a softphone from Argentina quality is not so good. May be my upload speed is too low (Fibertel 2M).

Are you happy with sound quality of Skype (or Gizmo or any other voip provider) calls here?

I use SKYPE.

And so does everyone else I know. SKYPE

igor said:
Internetcalls.com Maya mentioned above is one of Betamax clones, that is probably the lowest rate voip provider. I just did not know they have a local access number.

I am using Callcentric normally, but when calling from a softphone from Argentina quality is not so good. May be my upload speed is too low (Fibertel 2M).

Are you happy with sound quality of Skype (or Gizmo or any other voip provider) calls here?

you can improve the quality by changing the encoding from G.711a to G.711u - if I remember correctly - the VOIP provider grade the call at 8kbs by changing the encoding you get 64kbs and its crystal clear - for me at least calling all US/EU/SE ASIA. (so your upload speed should easily cope - more so if its cable)

skype is convienient - BUT they use your bandwidth as a drone for other calls and thus quality varies from call to call.

Back