Camping trips out of Buenos Aires

Jenklu

Registered
Hi all, we were looking to go on a brief weekend camping trip this weekend. Does anyone know of somewhere nice to go within a 3 hour driving range of BA. Water, and fishing would be a plus. Thanks

I have not found much except in the Sierra de Ventanna's region and I dont know about camping nor fishing just some hiking. Went to the Camping Center here in BA and thats all they could tell me as well. Please let me know if you find something...still looking myself

Red

I have heard of people going to Pinamar/Cariló and enjoying it, but I can't give you much more information, sorry.

Hi there,
According your description best will be any camping site along "la costa atlantica" on route 11, nice towns like "villa Gessell" or "Pinamar" are far away than 3 hours drive, but Santa Teresita or Las Toninas are 3 or 3.5 hours, mind this weekend is 4 days, so could be crowed, also maybe difficult to get a place, check at www.elacampante.com to find a place to stay. but first find a town would you like to go.

Hi Jenklu, there are many options 3 hours far from BA, try to Gualeguaychu, or Colon, both in Entre Rios.
Closer than Sierra de la Ventana is Tandil, similar landscape but closer and with a much better road to it.
Pinamar Carilo don't have cool campings, but Ostende has a good one in front of the beach.
You can send me a PM if need more info.
Good luck in ur trip!

It's hard to pick a place in a three-hour range that meets all your expectations. For one more hour I'd choose Tandil, but no fishing I know about. Chascomús and Junín are well-known fishing spots (both have big lagoons nearby), but don't expect breath-taking landscapes. Gualeguaychú would probably be the best choice if fishing is a priority. It's very close to Río Uruguay, which is beautiful.

sorry i missed this thread.San Pedro is a lovely quiet place 150km from BA,to the north,,follow the river.There are many,many campsites on the river,fishing is very popular there,and it,s not expensive either..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Pedro,_Buenos_Aires_Province

I am often up there .it,s really peaceful and I get special time to chill out..not easy to do here in BA...again sorry i missed the thread

Back