Can I Buy An International Plane Ticket For An Argentine?

tfgibbon

Registered
Hello, I want to travel to Spain with my Argentine girlfriend. The last time we tried to go to UY on the Buquebus I was required to pay with a foreign card for my ticket, but I could not use my foreign card to buy her ticket. Im wondering how this works out when buying an international flight,

Can I simply buy two tickets from an international online agent as I would normally buy a ticket for myself? or would this somehow create a problem at check-in at Ezeiza?

Anyone with any recent similar experience?

Can I simply buy two tickets from an international online agent as I would normally buy a ticket for myself? or would this somehow create a problem at check-in at Ezeiza?

Anyone with any recent similar experience?

Yes, its no problem.

Use expedia.com or co.uk and you should have no problems.

Avoid despegar.com as they always give you a hassle with a foreign c/c

you should have been able to pay with whatever means, and you shouldn't have had that problem. if you reserve it online, and then pay blue cash, then you will make a reasonable saving, say 20% although it's gone downhill recently. luckily i bought my family tix to Europe when the blue was riding high, while still quietly confident of claiming back the outlandish slap-in-the-face AFIP tax. Same with my upcoming WC jaunt, but I saved 800 bucks by not flying internationally and will cross the IGU-IGR both ways. i guess most will be crossing land borders to watch the ball roll in Brasil... for me a dream come true!

Markgeezer, you mean play blue cash via rapipago or something like that? when did you do this? I was pretty sure that since the new laws in december they will not accept payments from foreigners in pesos, and my experience with buquebus reflected this.

Back