Can I enroll in any public university here and get a degree for free?

Fiscal

Registered
Is that really true? So I could (if I were willing to spend the time/years) get a completely new degree in medicine, law, economics, math, Irish literature, whatever?

Yes. And if you are 25 or older, you don't even need to have finished high school.

... The link above applies for admissions to the The Universidad de Buenos Aires...Only?

Quote...."It is the function of the University to establish the academic requirements that must
meet the applicants, as well as to ensure the conditions of the
accreditation through relevant examinations. (in Spanish) ? Unquote...

Last edited:
You may need to have a certain level of Spanish. I was taking some Spanish courses at the UBA and in the classes were also some people who were studying Spanish so they could enroll at university.

The Spanish text of http://www.idiomas.filo.uba.ar/español-para-extranjeros says that the level of the CEI (intermediate level of Spanish) is required to enroll

Yes. You will need to pass a test and demonstrate work experience in a field related to the one you want to study. You also need to go through interviews, etc. Bare in mind that UBA has a mandatory 1 year course before you start taking classes towards your degree.

... The link above applies for admissions to the The Universidad de Buenos Aires...Only?

The link above does refer specifically to UBA, but it's based on the Ley de Educación Superior. You can read article 7 which refers to over 25 year-old's here.

The link above does refer specifically to UBA, but it's based on the Ley de Educación Superior. You can read article 7 which refers to over 25 year-old's here.

True . However other Universities may have other Prerequisites and tests for admission..

True . However other Universities may have other Prerequisites and tests for admission..

Oh, yes, definitely. It's not like you can just sign up if you haven't finished high school. Still, the sole fact that you are able to attend, say, medical school without finishing high school already seems pretty lenient, requirements-wise.

Oh, yes, definitely. It's not like you can just sign up if you haven't finished high school. Still, the sole fact that you are able to attend, say, medical school without finishing high school already seems pretty lenient, requirements-wise.

The requirements for UBA in Spanish language can be pretty stringent? for a Foreigner...?.

1) Language and Literature

2) Mathematics

3) Natural Sciences (physics, chemistry and biology)

4) Social Sciences (history, geography and civic instruction)

Evaluación de conocimientos y aptitudes generales Se implementará una prueba de evaluación para cada una de las áreas siguientes:
1) Lengua y Literatura
2) Matemática
3) Ciencias Naturales (física, química y biología)
4) Ciencias Sociales (historia, geografía e instrucción cívica)

Back