Can I get a motorcycle license in BA?

Timotei

Registered
Hi all,

I moved here, in BA, a week ago. I want to get a motorcycle license here. I have a visa but I'm not sure if I am allowed to get a license without a DNI. I will live here until the end of the year since I'm here on an exchange program at UADE. Another point is that I want to get the license (hopefully) and then take it back to europe and use/exchange it there for an eu one. I currently have a B category license from eu.

I would really appreciate any info regarding the process and if it is possible to get it.
Thanks!

Very interesting questions! There are motorcyclists in this and forum, so hopefully someone will be able to advise you about obtaining a licence in the country.

You may want to check whether doing this will meet your needs back in the EU. Using the Wikipedia article on the European Driving Licence as a source it appears that the transnational validity of the EU Driving Licence only applies to licences "earned" within the EU and may not apply to conversions from outside. The UK which sadly is no longer in the EU still recognises the EUDL but not those ones obtained by conversion.

This is very interesting: do let us know how you get on and what you decide to do.

Back