Can I Live There With This Money?

I think you'll be fine money wise, as long as pay keeps up with inflation. Id push for a bit more on the housing allowance, 10000 gets you into a whole other category of rental.

I think you'll be fine money wise, as long as pay keeps up with inflation. Id push for a bit more on the housing allowance, 10000 gets you into a whole other category of rental.

GGood to know. I am mostly looking forward to live in Barrio Norte, Villa Crespo, Almagro or Palermo.

Hope I can do it with my pay.

I am not looking to save money being paid in pesos, that wouldn't be very realistic maybe...

Of course I will buy some dollars here and there to have some money that has buying power in a case of emergency (I also have a decent money reserve in Brasil), but I am mostly looking to live in a different culture because I believe that maybe it will help me to develop as a person in ways it would be harder for me to do if I don't ever leave my country to start a new life.

Yes you can............ many people live on less so yes you can.... cheers

trips home? transportation (car, taxis)? insurance ie: liability, possessions? periodically replacing electronic devices, (very expensive here)?

trips home? transportation (car, taxis)? insurance ie: liability, possessions? periodically replacing electronic devices, (very expensive here)?

I will have 2 trips for me and my wife to Brasil each year

Insurance - Life insurance, Health insurance and that's all

Electronic Devices - They replace my smart phone and laptop every year, my wife has a brand new macbook and since our contract is 2 years I don't believe that it will need replacement during that time. For others such as tv, videogames, blu ray etc etc I will bring my own from Brasil (they will pay a company to move my stuff to Buenos Aires and then back to Brasil after my contract finishes).

Transportation - I wonder if it is worth to buy a car for just two years or just take bus/taxi. For sure I will use the bus/subte to work because it is just simpler as my work is Eduardo Madero y Cordoba close to a lot of public transportation, my wife will also take public transportation to UBA.

If we go out at night we will probably use taxis which from a central neighborhood shall cost me 70 pesos each way tops if I am right. I am aware of pick pocketing in public transportation at Buenos Aires, but where I live currently (Rio de Janeiro) is just so much worse that I am kinda used to it.

Just to clarify - that is 20-25K pesos a month neto + your rent paid? In which case yes, absolutely you can live well on that. I assume you will be getting health insurance through your work and your wife should be covered as well (check that).

Just to clarify - that is 20-25K pesos a month neto + your rent paid? In which case yes, absolutely you can live well on that. I assume you will be getting health insurance through your work and your wife should be covered as well (check that).

it is 20-25k pesos before taxes + rent paid. And yes health insurance is covered.

For most people, $20-$25K pesos per month is a very good salary, it will make you upper middle class/lower upper class, and you should have money left over for internal tourism (Iguazu/glaciers, tigre), and some luxuries. Most people I know make much less then that, and live in nice apartments (but not in fancy areas), own new cars, go on vacations, eat out, etc. Maybe they don´t go eat at the best sushi restaurant, but they seem to be doing well (and they have kids).

I don't know of any of my Argentine friends that are making that much money, and they are paying for their apartments/cell phone/everything else out of that and doing just fine. I agree that this is definitely enough for you to live comfortably here, especially since you don't have to pay rent/utilities out of this salary.

My only suggestion is that you mentioned taking a cab to go out at night -- I'd recommend trying to take the bus, at least on the way there. the $65 you'll save each time will really add up over time. Even better if you don't mind taking it on the way home! but I usually splurge on the cabs late at night when I dont want to wait for the irregular nighttime bus schedules

I don't know of any of my Argentine friends that are making that much money, and they are paying for their apartments/cell phone/everything else out of that and doing just fine. I agree that this is definitely enough for you to live comfortably here, especially since you don't have to pay rent/utilities out of this salary.

My only suggestion is that you mentioned taking a cab to go out at night -- I'd recommend trying to take the bus, at least on the way there. the $65 you'll save each time will really add up over time. Even better if you don't mind taking it on the way home! but I usually splurge on the cabs late at night when I dont want to wait for the irregular nighttime bus schedules

Here in Brasil taking a bus at lets says 2-4AM is very dangerous. Is this relatively safe in BsAs? If so I don't mind taking it, actually prefer it.

Back