Can I Work With A Rentista Visa?

PS: I believe someone posted that they were able to get a CUIL with the "precaria" before they actually received their DNI but I'm not sure if that is possible.

I can confirm that it is possible to get a CUIL with a precaria. I needed one before the whole residencia process and DNI issuing process was completed. So I went to ANSES with my precaria and passport and got my CUIL. But keep in mind that you will get a new CUIL once your DNI is issued.

I can confirm that it is possible to get a CUIL with a precaria. I needed one before the whole residencia process and DNI issuing process was completed. So I went to ANSES with my precaria and passport and got my CUIL. But keep in mind that you will get a new CUIL once your DNI is issued.
So just to confirm with that CUIL I could start working, before I receive a DNI? Also, how long was the process to get the CUIL?

So just to confirm with that CUIL I could start working, before I receive a DNI? Also, how long was the process to get the CUIL?
The process of getting the CUIL took a day in my case. Got there an hour and a half before they opened and there was already a long line outside Anses. Waited until the afternoon for my turn and then they issued my CUIL.

And the precaria gives you the right to work (at least it was like that when I got mine). Getting the precaria might take some time, though. As you need to have all the paperwork ready and your visa/residencia application accepted by migraciones. Getting the CUIL is just a formality.

The process of getting the CUIL took a day in my case. Got there an hour and a half before they opened and there was already a long line outside Anses. Waited until the afternoon for my turn and then they issued my CUIL.

And the precaria gives you the right to work (at least it was like that when I got mine). Getting the precaria might take some time, though. As you need to have all the paperwork ready and your visa/residencia application accepted by migraciones. Getting the CUIL is just a formality.

Thank you for the info. From my understanding with the rentista visa, I can complete the visa process from the U.S. through the embassy in D.C. ( I live in DC so no big deal for me to go there when needed). Would this be the same as getting my precaria? My hope/understanding is that I could get the visa/precaria process done before I arrive in Argentina, that way upon arrival I would only need to go to ANSES and get the CUIL and I am able to work. Is that correct, or am I missing something?

Sorry, but I have absolutely no experience with applying for visa/residency at an Argentinian embassy. I did all the residency related paperwork at the local migraciones office while already living here on a tourist visa.

Back