Can someone recommend a good (and cheap) immigration lawyer ?

kristopherkelly

Registered
Hi there !

I need to get my residency ASAP and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good lawyer who isn't going to charge US$1000+ ... preferably $250-500 total USD if possible.

Thanks,

Kris

oops i meant to say this is for residency (possibly student visa temporary residency or 'turista' visa if i can qualify). thanks ! kris

I'm not sure you're going to find it that cheap anywhere, but if you want a good immigration attorney, call Gabriel Celano. http://www.celano.com.ar I'm sure he can give you an initial consultation and tell you what it would cost.

If you're already here, you already have a "visa turista" - for three months stamped into your passport. This happens automatically and is not something you have to apply for via a lawyer. You can extend this visa for three months at immigrations or by leaving the country for Uruguay and coming back in. Try to do it more than once and you may well have problems (nothing really a lawyer can do about that either). A student visa will give you one year and is also renewable (so long as you continue to provide the necessary documentation).
Once you've got your paperwork together (see the immigrations website for info about what you need), it's a pretty easy process to do by yourself. If you do want a lawyer to help you through the process, I'd also recommend Celano - I think he charges around US$ 1,000 for assistance with a student visa (but you'd have to check this...it's been a while since I saw him last) and that doesn't include speeding up your DNI afterwards. I'm pretty sure that most immigrations lawyers charge similar amounts. I heard about other lawyers doing it slightly cheaper - but they aren't registered at immigrations so can only do so much...

Sleuth said:
I'm not sure you're going to find it that cheap anywhere, but if you want a good immigration attorney, call Gabriel Celano. http://www.celano.com.ar I'm sure he can give you an initial consultation and tell you what it would cost.

I used Gabriel also and was very happy with their service!

Back