Can someone walk me through this step of the DNI process?

lostravenblue

Registered
OK, I went to the US embassy, and they gave me a card for being fingerprinted and an instruction page. I printed the form off like it told me to, and then I saw the part where I have to send this back to America. Do I actually have to do that step? I'm only confused because the lady helping me with my DNI said this should only take about 5 days. I've been trying to get mail from the US for a year and it never gets through to me. Can someone who's been through this process already walk me through this, please? I really don't want to wait another year just because this background check thing got lost in the mail.

OK, I went to the US embassy, and they gave me a card for being fingerprinted and an instruction page. I printed the form off like it told me to, and then I saw the part where I have to send this back to America. Do I actually have to do that step? I'm only confused because the lady helping me with my DNI said this should only take about 5 days. I've been trying to get mail from the US for a year and it never gets through to me. Can someone who's been through this process already walk me through this, please? I really don't want to wait another year just because this background check thing got lost in the mail.
I did not go to the embassy, but printed the same form from the FBI web site, however, when I wen to the Registro Nacional de Reincidencia they already had them printed on heavy paper. The fingerprinting took only a few minutes. To answer to your question, yes you have to send the actual fingerprint card to the FBI so they can use your prints to search their database. To do that you have to 1) create the request online through their web site https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/; while doing that you have to specify that the fingerprints will be mailed separately. At the end they will send you an email, which you have to print. 2) Send the fingerprint card, together with the email you received, so they are able to reconcile your electronic request with the paper fingerprint form. While creating the request online, specify that you need the PDF form of the rap sheet, as this is enough and you don't need the actual paper document (thus solving the problem of mail coming to Argentina taking ages). After that, you need to have the rap sheet authenticated by the Department of State, but here I cannot be of any help, as in my case that was taken care by my lawyer, so I assume you can request the service of Monument Visa, as suggested by gringoexpress.
Good luck.

National Background....the company I talked to in the U.S. this morning. My DNI is being handled by a business here. And...talking to this company NB.....make sure you double check all information you are given. They talked to me about the problems getting all this done from outside the U.S. Since I will be in the U.S. to do some of this...I did not pay attention to all the details.

I used Monument Visa as my FBI channeler and for the apostille, and it was about 3 weeks from fingerprints to having my apostilled FBI rap sheet in hand, in BA.

I used Monument Visa as my FBI channeler and for the apostille, and it was about 3 weeks from fingerprints to having my apostilled FBI rap sheet in hand, in BA.
Hi...thanks for the recommendation...I am going to use them. Question....How did you get your fingerprints (digital I hope)...and how did you send them...and did you use DHL to get things back here?. I am going to the states which may or may not help me...in June.

Hi...thanks for the recommendation...I am going to use them. Question....How did you get your fingerprints (digital I hope)...and how did you send them...and did you use DHL to get things back here?. I am going to the states which may or may not help me...in June.
I think you will have to get fingerprinted at Registro Nacional de Reincidencia, if you are already in Buenos Aires, and then send the card to the FBI snail mail. I sent it using Correos Argentinos and it took 2 weeks to get there. I assume the same is true if you are using a channeler. As far as I know, digital fingerprinting is only possible in the United States.

Oh, people did respond to this! God, I wasn't getting the emails.

So for Monument Visa, do I just need the $75 FBI background check?

Back