Can you buy silver in Argentina?

Redpossum

Registered
The only thing I have found is new silver dollars, the silver eagle, at roughly double what they go for stateside, and the coin shops want to be paid in dollars.

You can buy it from jewelry suppliers, but you will be paying retail plus markup. The idea of silver as an investment vehicle doesnt really work here, the frictional costs are way too high to buy and sell. People buy and hold these things called "Benjamins" instead.

If you're looking to buy it as an investment, wouldn't just be easier to buy SLV or some other financial instrument that reflects the price of silver?

You also mitigate the risk of physically holding it.

I keep some junk silver as a hobby/prepper thing. The durability and ability to transact in low denominations have a certain appeal.

I hope so, the name of the river near where most of us live and the country too would imply as much

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I'll show myself out)

Buy a car.
I think you're right, the car I got in 2020 has done nothing but increase in value (in USD) even as I pile on the km. It's nuts.

Spare parts (all imported) have become very expensive though. Fortunately it's been quite reliable. It needs a 185000 km service now, I'm working up courage to ask how much it will be.

I think you're right, the car I got in 2020 has done nothing but increase in value (in USD) even as I pile on the km. It's nuts.

Spare parts (all imported) have become very expensive though. Fortunately it's been quite reliable. It needs a 185000 km service now, I'm working up courage to ask how much it will be.
Labor rates are not $175/hr like in California lol

Back