Can you buy silver in Argentina?

yes, nothing holds its value over time like a 42hp Borgward diesel engine.
There is a reason why argentines prefer big head hundreds...
One might reasonably expect that if it had continued to exist, it would have continued to be updated at some point over the last 40 years.
Even in Argentina.

You can buy it at or under spot in granules on Libertad but the police get testy if they catch you going through the airport with more than a few kilos.

You can buy it at or under spot in granules on Libertad but the police get testy if they catch you going through the airport with more than a few kilos.
Oh, really? Tell me more, please.
Libertad near Tribunales Park and the subte station?? What sort of a business am I looking for? What will it be called?

Names of businesses can be tricky. I recall when I first arrived in Argentina, I saw the word "ferreteria" and thought maybe it was a pet store specializing in ferrets...

Oh, really? Tell me more, please.
Libertad near Tribunales Park and the subte station?? What sort of a business am I looking for? What will it be called?

Names of businesses can be tricky. I recall when I first arrived in Argentina, I saw the word "ferreteria" and thought maybe it was a pet store specializing in ferrets...
i want to say 200 block, there's jewelry stores everywhere. some even say that they sell plata granulado...

I'm genuinely curious about the value of granulated silver to anybody outside the industry. Surely, in the event of a zombie apocalypse/second Biden term/seventh Tory government the value of the silver will will be in the assay marks which the granulated silver will not have? Or will everybody trust everybody else in the end times?

I'm genuinely curious about the value of granulated silver to anybody outside the industry. Surely, in the event of a zombie apocalypse/second Biden term/seventh Tory government the value of the silver will will be in the assay marks which the granulated silver will not have? Or will everybody trust everybody else in the end times?
That is, of course, an excellent point.

you can acid test the silver granule. because the granules are small, it's actually rather harder to counterfeit by plating a thick layer of silver over a base metal. pick a few granules at random and dip them in the test acid.

you can acid test the silver granule. because the granules are small, it's actually rather harder to counterfeit by plating a thick layer of silver over a base metal. pick a few granules at random and dip them in the test acid.
Thanks for that. I hadn't thought of random sampling and I'd been presuming that a few milligrams sacrificed from a 1kg ingot is neither here nor there but represents a substantial portion of a granule.

Cheers

I recall when I first arrived in Argentina, I saw the word "ferreteria" and thought maybe it was a pet store specializing in ferrets...
Hah, that became a standard joke between me and my travelling companion the first time here back in '88. The memory still crosses my mind whenever I see a sign above a shop.

I suppose the real ferret shops are "huronerias". Yet to see one though.

Back