can you drink the tap water

rihornos said:
Tap water is good for cooking but for drinking is better sparkling water however tap water is safe but doesn`t taste well
Reina

I like the use of "well" (an adverb) in this response because of its altered meaning, but actually "good" (the adjective) is the correct word to use.

Not being a grammar nazi, just being a helpful TEFL teacher. There's a difference. Most people like to know when they are making a mistake if it is presented in a polite and constructive manner.

:)

Last year I read an article in Clarin about how the level of metal in the tap water in Buenos Aires is dangerously high. Not only that, in many buildings the pipes are old and rusty and the tap water runs through them. Apart from buying a filter or bottled water there's always the option of filling up a 1.5 liter bottle using the bottled water dispenser in the gym.

nlaruccia said:
Last year I read an article in Clarin about how the level of metal in the tap water in Buenos Aires is dangerously high. Not only that, in many buildings the pipes are old and rusty and the tap water runs through them. Apart from buying a filter or bottled water there's always the option of filling up a 1.5 liter bottle using the bottled water dispenser in the gym.

If you have lead pipes, then that can cause serious problems. But, I fail to see what harm rusty pipes will do to you; Rust is ferous oxide, most food manufacturers put iron into their food in the form of ferous oxide.

We love our PSA water purifier. It hooks up to the sink. It tastes a lot better than the tap. You replace the filter every few months or so depending on how much you use it and what size you get. They have a sales stand at the entrance of Sodimac sometimes.

http://www.psa.com.ar/

jayjane said:
We love our PSA water purifier. It hooks up to the sink. It tastes a lot better than the tap. You replace the filter every few months or so depending on how much you use it and what size you get. They have a sales stand at the entrance of Sodimac sometimes.

http://www.psa.com.ar/

We actually have an extra PSA purifier that we are trying to get rid of. It is brand new, excellent quality. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

You can get water delivered in 20 liter bottles with a free dipenser if you agree to buy a certain amount per month. Not sure of the current price but one year ago it was $19 for 20 liters. The company I used is called El Cantaro, but there are other companies too.

Back