Can you fly into Buenos Aires from the UK without a return flight?

DavidWPotts

Registered
Hi everyone

I'm planning to travel into Buenos Aires in a few weeks. I want to spend some time travelling around Latin America and Buenos Aires will be my first stop. For this reason I haven't booked a return flight. However, after searching online, it seems that some people say you need a return or onward flight. Will I have any trouble getting in? How can I make sure that I'll be let in?

Thanks,

David

Depends on the airline, they don't check once you arrive but the check in agent may or may not check.

Book a return ticket? They're often the same price or cheaper than one-way tickets?

Use onwardticket.com
You pay $15.00 for an actual return ticket that is good for 24 hours. I used this service when coming to Argentina from the US. Argentine customs did not ask me for the return ticket. However, the airlines did at checkin in Miami.

Depends on the airline, they don't check once you arrive but the check in agent may or may not check.

Book a return ticket? They're often the same price or cheaper than one-way tickets?
This is really confusing...so it's the airlines enforcing this rule? Shouldn't you be able to just ring the airline and ask if you need a return?

Use onwardticket.com
You pay $15.00 for an actual return ticket that is good for 24 hours. I used this service when coming to Argentina from the US. Argentine customs did not ask me for the return ticket. However, the airlines did at checkin in Miam
I don't understand. How can flights be sold for $15?

I don't understand. How can flights be sold for $15?
Check out the website. The company purchases a real ticket for you and sends you the information for the airlines or customs to check. However, the ticket is only good for 24 hours. I have used the service multiple times flying to the Philippines.

This is really confusing...so it's the airlines enforcing this rule? Shouldn't you be able to just ring the airline and ask if you need a return?
If you ring the airline they’ll tell you you need a return.
The agent on the desk doesn’t always check in my experience.

Back