Can You Pay Overstay Fine At Aeroparque (Aep)

joemama

Registered
Does anybody have first-hand experience as to whether one can still pay the overstay fine at AEP on departure?

I've asked around and nobody seems to really know for sure.

According to the migraciones website (link) one can pay the fine there 24 hours a day. Does anybody know if this is really true. I've heard a lot of conjecture but nobody seems to really know the absolute answer.

Thanks.

No, as of this year, the only airport where you can pay it is EZE. You either need to go to migraciones (you can try to pay it online, but it seems to never work), or go to EZE and pay it there

Could you provide some more insight on where you got that information? Have you tried to pay at AEP and been told to go to EZE?

I went to vacation in January and had the same problem: on the official website I read it somewhere and we also called at the airport and they confirmed that it wasn't possible anymore. EZE worked though, that's what I did. The new rules not only apply to other airports, but also to different ways to cross the border, e.g. ferries.

OK - thanks. I wonder if maybe they changed it since then - the website now says AEP, EZE, and Retiro. I'll do some digging to see.

Probably, that's where I looked in January. I'd call migraciones to make sure the information is accurate. In January, only EZE and Retiro were listed.

I paid it a couple years back at Mendoza airport, and at the Buquebus terminal, and I'm sure AEP would do at least as much as those, but it appears the rules have changed.

Funny, as on the way into the country, the reciprocity fee used to only be collected at EZE, but they then expanded it first to AEP and then to other airports (and land crossings?). No idea why this fee would be going in the other direction...

hmm what do you mean Ben, "Funny, as on the way into the country, the reciprocity fee used to only be collected at EZE" ?

Cash or with credit cards only? Please specify?

I mean that previously, the fee was only collected if one arrived at Ezeiza, not at other points of entry into Argentina. You did not have to pay the fee if you arrived elsewhere. This has now changed, as I will explain.

At the time, the fee was collected in cash or cc, but today it must be paid with credit card online prior to travelling, as most if not all airlines will not permit you to board the flight without proof of the fee having been paid. I understand that they are liable to steep fines if they allow passengers to arrive otherwise. I do not know what the situation would be in case of entry by land or sea.

Back