Can you pay the visa fine with credit card

expatalex said:
No need to go to Uruguay or Colonia if your visa expired (should be before it expired), it will be the same of you leave the country through any port of authority, just pay at the airport the fine when you decide to leave the country. Same fine will apply to go to Colonia
If you need money and you are from the US I can offer you to deposit in my account Bank Of America and I will gladly give you the funds here, in dollars or pesos..

my cel 15-6374-1962

later!

Gee, Alex, didn't you just warn us about a $3000 dollar fine if caught with an expired visa? Are you now telling Ruth to just wait until she leaves to pay the $50 peso fine and risk the dire consequences you cited?

expatalex said:
dudes, and dudas..... just call immigration and clear all your doubts, I REPEAT " If immigration Argentina is out to look for you because your stay is illegal you can be fined up to $3000,00 USD " its a FACT...... this is the case where they are out to look for you, not if you present yourself at the airport to leave.

you can extend your stay for $50 pesos just only "once" before your original 90 days expire.

Argentine immigration is not out looking for illegal aliens as they are sought out in the USA, so no worry there......

I am also curious, how would you propose that Ruth deposit money into your account while she is here? Perhaps she could have a friend or relative in the states do so, but it would still take time for them to make the deposit (if they lived near a BofA branch) and for Ruth to get the funds from you.

One thing she could (and is welcome) to do is send me a payment charged to her credit card using paypal. I could then give her the $$ in dollars here. If she doesn't have a paypal account she can open one in about ten minutes...from my computer if she wanted to...with the $$ on the table at the same time.

And, once again, the visa extension is 100 pesos, not 50.

I do agree with you, however, that it probably isn't necessary to be in any rush now to renew her visa by going to Colonia, especially if she is leaving soon, anyway. If Ruth is planning on staying longer (perhaps indefinitely), a trip to Uruguay in the near future might be a good idea. I still haven't heard of anyone being fined excessively or deported because they were "caught" here on an expired visa...have you?

Back