Can you use an unlocked Smart phone in Argentina?

Montauk_Project

Registered
[FONT=&quot]A friend of mine is bringing down a:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]unlocked Samsung Ch@t 350 C3500[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Edge/Grps Quad-Band[/FONT]

Can you get a sim card down here that will make it work?

Anyone know where?

Yes. Can get a sim from Personal, Movistar, or Claro. They each have bajillions of offices all over the country.

If it's GSM and quad band, you should have no problem. Just know that if it's a micro SIM, you will be hard pressed to find one. I had to go to about 10 different locations (Personal and Movistar) before I found one to throw into an iPhone 4. Probably easier to just get a normal SIM and cut it down. Anyway, I've had luck twice (once for my wife) at the huge Movistar around Sante Fe and Callao.

BrooklynStandUp said:
If it's GSM and quad band, you should have no problem. Just know that if it's a micro SIM, you will be hard pressed to find one. I had to go to about 10 different locations (Personal and Movistar) before I found one to throw into an iPhone 4. Probably easier to just get a normal SIM and cut it down. Anyway, I've had luck twice (once for my wife) at the huge Movistar around Sante Fe and Callao.
It used to be hard to find micro sims but now most personal stores have them. I've gotten 3. 1 for my phone, 1 replacement when the sim broke, and 1 for my girlfriend, all from different Personal stores all on the first try.

Back