Canadians: is there a particular iPhone/ provider that will/ will not work in BA?

Zissou

Registered
I will be getting another prepago chip with Personal - I've previously always used unlocked blackberries so I'm not sure what the data/unlocking situation is for iPhones. Getting a 4 not 4s.

Thanks

The 4 cannot be unlocked yet. Get an unlocked one from the apple store. It'll work with all the carriers in bsas. Or get a 3GS and unlock it

Your best option is to get a factory unlocked one, if you have not yet. If you already have a carrier-locked 4, you may be able to unlock it if it has the right (old) baseband and iOS version: http://www.iclarified.com/unlock/index.php

ps: I have a SIM to microSIM cutter. Anyone needing to cut one is welcome to use it... let me know.

Stated another way, none of the iPhones purchased with the default providers (Rogers, Telus, Fido, etc) will work with a SIM in Argentina - you need an unlocked phone purchased from the Apple store directly, or to unlock it using third-party software. That said, if your contract is up on your phone you may be able to pay the provider to unlock the phone for you (I think Telus will unlock it now for $50).

Back