Canadians to Uruguay

legilber

Registered
I just came back from Carilo with my parents where we spent a week for christmas and they are getting a little stir crazy about being in the city so I'm looking to take them to a place on the beach in Uruguay for a night or two but I've got a question about their visas. They decided to use their Canadian passports to get in because it was cheaper than their US, so they selected the one entrance visa. If we got across the boarder, will they get charged again? Or will then just let us in without the fee?

Thanks!

I am guessing that they will have to pay again.. unless the immigration guy doesnt notice as it says "Single Entry" beside the reciprocal fees for AU and CDN passport holders..
When i came back last week through areoparque there were alot of people sent to the payment booth - they already had paid at an earlier date but were required to pay again..

Last November, I travelled to Uruguay by ferry with Colonia Express and I did not have to pay the entrance fee, however, everytime I landed by plane into Argentina I had to pay the entrance fee.

The entrance fee is only assessed at the EZE airport as far as I know. Therefore, if you go to Uruguay by boat they will not have to pay the fee again.

I believe you could fly if you fly to/from Newberry as well although am less certain of this.

I believe the fee is valid for the same length as their tourist visa -- and I think unfortunately it is now being covered at both Ezeiza and Newbery airports - however I do not know if it's covered at buquebus entrances. If their tourist visa has not gone past the 90 days they should not have to pay it again as far as I understand.

Back