Can't show appartment.

chris, customer service is defined differently here. Each day for each person in each different level of industry they are in - has their own idiocyncratic definition of that word. I stopped expecting customer service of the utmost high quality here - and thus is never disappointed.

You are right however that does not mean that things can not and should not get better. When I get good service I like to say so. Today I had a very good experience in a restaurant that I am going to write about on this site.

"chris" said:
Of course you can not show an occupied property unless the tenants are willing and even then the owner/rental agent has to use a great deal of discretion so as not to disturb the tenants. As for refusing to show an apartment, this sort of conduct could be considered discriminatory in the US and illegal. During the days of segregation it was common for owners and real estate agents to avoid showing property to potntial buyers on the basis of color or by a manner of speech that was interpreted to be other than Anglo-Saxon. There are now strict laws to prevent this type of behavior. There may not be equal protections in Buenos Ares. If not, there should be.
The counter effective call for legislation. Law gets passed saying those advertising places for rent are Obliged to show them to those interested within 14 days of request, regardless of circumstances and at reasonable hours meaning 8 am to 6 pm. You need to show the place to people who sound like idiots and can't even wait to see the place before they attempt to negotiate the price down which is by the way 100% out of the question. If you do not show the place then you will become subject to investigation and probable fines. You simply don't bother with advertising your place at agencies or keep it vacant, making your pockets thinner and driving the price of other places on the market up. Those USA laws were invented to solve USA problems, they'd do little good in Argieland or anywhere else for that matter.

Here again, more negativity about US real estate laws.... at least real estate agents in the US are licensed and regulated after passing a license test and they have to renew it so often.
US laws do not apply in Argieland, true but again Argie laws do not apply nor is observed and implemented in Argieland.!

I am sorry, Elpanada, I forgot that everything is bad in the US. Everything is ideal in Argentina. There is no discrimination here. There is no racism, no anti-semitism. No need for laws to protect people. Excuse me for being so narrow minded and stupid.

Hello Matty,I do not want to enter into the real estate discussion, since I know nothing about it. I am writing to ask you please to refrain from using the term "Argie". We find it derogatory and offensive.Thank you.CheersErnie

Lighten up Ernie. People use the term, Brits, Swedes, Kanuks, Assies, Tico and Gringo without being offensive. If you have a feeling of infiriority then you can interpet it as being derogatory.
Reat this site: INDEXAR, Brasserie Petanque."Owner is a RUDE idiot.

Its funny that Ernie would find Argie offensive as its a very mild to what I have been called reguarly by Argentines here.
I have been called negro too many times too count and also the grossly offensive remark negro de mierda.
Argentines have this arrogant superiority complex which they beleive gives them the right to use the most rascist terms in public.
Ernie ask your coutrymen to stop their insults to all who dont fit their ideal of white middle class European.

Ernie, I did not set out ot offend anyone by using the word - I was using the same word Elpanada had used to describe his paisanos - I did not mean to repeat it if was meant to offend anyone. On my part - I will never use it again.

Back