Currently overstaying and can't afford the ferry or fee. Do I have other options?

lostravenblue

Registered
So yeah, I came here a year ago and started trying to get my DNI, but I was also battling pretty severe mental disability, and I just sort of stopped. I got scared. I'm recieving help now, and I want to try getting my DNI again. But now I'm overstaying my passport, and I'm really scared they're going to deport me if I start talking to them about it. I can't afford to leave the country right now. Do I have any other options for renewing my visa? Or am I worrying over nothing? Should I be upfront that I'm overstaying or just hope it doesn't come up?

It won't come up. Forget about it and do not stress over it. If/when the time comes you have to leave, just sell some stuff and pay for it or try to get a small loan from family or friends. I have never seen anyone deported in my life ( except for narcos and people involved in serious crime )

I believe our helpful lawyer in the forum, @Bajo_cero2 has said that a visa run will not legally extend your stay here in Argentina, and might result in problems returning to Argentina. I believe his advice has been consistently to overstay, and deal with any fines later, but check out his posts in case I'm remembering incorrectly.

It won't come up. Forget about it and do not stress over it. If/when the time comes you have to leave, just sell some stuff and pay for it or try to get a small loan from family or friends. I have never seen anyone deported in my life ( except for narcos and people involved in serious crime )
I believe our helpful lawyer in the forum, @Bajo_cero2 has said that a visa run will not legally extend your stay here in Argentina, and might result in problems returning to Argentina. I believe his advice has been consistently to overstay, and deal with any fines later, but check out his posts in case I'm remembering incorrectly.
Thank you both.

Back