Car rental - Renting a car - Automobile rental

emilyr

Registered
I am sure so many people on here have rented a car! Maybe it's my search skills, but I could not find the threads with basic current information about renting a car. We have family visiting, and we want to take them to nearby places and provincia, like Lujan, Tigre, Rosario, etc without having to waste their valuable trip time on the train or colectivo.

I have an experienced BA driver in my boyfriend, so my concerns are primarily COSTS, any cautions about using a credit card or no, any cautions about fees and the car rentals in general here, required documentation, insurance, etc. Linking me to old threads would b great, too! Thanks!

Please PM me when you get any useful information. Having been stung in the UK once where they wanted a US$4500 security deposit on my credit card (which after 3 months of traveling couldn't bear it), I now usually ask what the deal is. And they often get it wrong.

Cheers, RR

I've rented a car several times from Avis. The cost was about $70 USD per day with all the insurances, etc (base level car). Nothing required but credit card and drivers license (mine is from the US).

I would rent from one of the larger companies - Hertz, Avis, etc. I never had any problems.

ETA - Re deposit - IIRC (it's been a while), they took my info for a security deposit of $400 (maybe?) but never ran my card. Once you return the car, they just rip up the info.

And, I had once rented a car for 2 days. Due to my ex and I having a huge fight - I returned the car a day early. They happily and without my asking, refunded my 2nd day costs.

Back