Car Share / Ride Share

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
Is there a company like ZipCar here in Buenos Aires? I'm loving the fact that for the first time in 30+ years I don't have the expense of a car, or multiple cars. However, once in awhile it would be nice and I started looking for car share or ride share companies but haven't seen any. I did see a sticker on the back of a car once but couldn't tell if it was part of a fleet here.

GS

I don't think there is and I suspect because the hazards are too high...but it would seem that this could be a very needed enterprise here (like the noodle bar!) and someone with venture capital,business acumen, a strong stomach , and fistfuls of cash to payoff all the coimas could do very well...or maybe Macri would support it to reduce car ownership and set up yellow zip car rental stations alongside the BSAS by Bici centers ?
Where is Hybrid when we need him?
Or maybe the guy with the Ferrari wants to start a small business alongside of his soccer dealings?
Or should we contact Lazar Baez?
And give it a snappy name, like "Portaporteño"...

I don't think zip cars could compete with traditional car rentals and taxis here. Their niche is usually to fit somewhere within the two and since taxis are cheap, rental cars are cheap, and cars and insurance are expensive....

Back