"Carmen": The Passionate Icon Returns to the Teatro Colón

The next live stream of "Carmen" from Teatro Colón in Buenos Aires is scheduled for July 21, 2024, at 11:00 AM local time. This production of Bizet's classic opera will be directed by Kakhi Solomnishvili with stage direction by Calixto Bieito.

For those of you (including me) who cannot afford to buy tickets, one of the performances will be live streamed on YouTube. I will post the link here.
I just bought my tickets online for the other operas this season... will be back in September, woo hoo.
(the other operas aren't as 'popular' as Carmen, but you can get seats up in the nosebleed for around $10 USD, and I've never been to an opera there that wasn't awesome)

There is nothing like seeing live opera from the main floor or box seats. I worked for the Lyric Opera of Chicago as secretary to the assistant manager in 1969 and was fortunate to see dress rehearsals and opening night performances during two seasons.

I prefer seeing all the action up close on the computer screen rather than from the upper balcony in Teatro Colon. I doubt there is another city in the world that live streams so many great performances as we have in BA.

Back