Passionate Argentinos, Producer Of Fangio And The Affluents

Hybrid Ambassador

Registered
I have been bugging TMC ( Toyota Motor Corp ) for my turn at the wheel of this mag-ni-fi-cent mechanical marvel since it deployed 1st and availble to the selected affluents around the world. 300 copies went sold in a fee days at the base price of US$350.000 order-to made Super Car.!

I wonder if any copy arrived in Chile. Surely the mining magnates can afford one of these salive dripping machinery!

http://www.lexus.com/models/LFA/

And wanting to be in the stingy side, I heard this one for mere US$150~200.000 a copy.

http://ohio.honda.com/

Since we are on the topic of cars....
http://www.bugatti.com/en/veyron.html

I have no idea what this thread is about. What is the relationship between passionate argentinos and the lexus?

I have no idea what this thread is about. What is the relationship between passionate argentinos and the lexus?

Since I have yet to read a post from Hybrid that makes sense I am not very surprised by your observation - ¿pretty sure he is just trying to increase his post count, and bragging at the same time about working at Toyota?

I think its translation deterioration- he thinks in japanese, translates that to english, then posts it in a country where people are thinking in pigeon Lunfardo...

Anyway, what he is trying to say is that he thinks that since Argentines have historically been such big fans of cars, they might be interested in the limited edition Toyota / Lexus LFA.

And he is right- they would be.
But Toyota has a very small retail footprint in Argentina, and, given the economy, the market for cars that expensive is very very small.
Plus, duties and taxes mean that whatever the US price would be, you can expect to pay about double in Argentina.
And brand loyalties are strong- which means that Renault, Citroen, and Fiat all are more in demand than Toyotas would be.

There are a fair amount of pretty nice sportscars stashed away thruout Argentina. Most are only driven rarely, you seldom see very nice cars on the road in Buenos Aires, but at car collector rallies, Ferraris and Porsches do show their heads.
One amusing thing is that Argentina has a very large amount of microcars- particularly 50's european microcars- Heinkels, Messerschmitts, Isettas, Borgwards, GogoMobiles, and similar tiny autos.

I have been to most of the auto museums in Argentina, including a visit last summer to the Fangio Museum in Balacarce. There are some pretty nice rides there.

Since I have yet to read a post from Hybrid that makes sense I am not very surprised by your observation - ¿pretty sure he is just trying to increase his post count, and bragging at the same time about working at Toyota?
Ha,ha,..Not at all, I thought since the Argentinos are very passionate a few and they love motor cars, the expensive ones and fast.Also Argentina has produced the grand "Fangio, Juan Manuel" steering the Ferraris, thought you expatriates and the gringos get a kick watching the expensive cars. Sorry for the post. Not intended to satisy you all. But a few can appreciate the post, I guess ?

I think its translation deterioration- he thinks in japanese, translates that to english, then posts it in a country where people are thinking in pigeon Lunfardo...

Anyway, what he is trying to say is that he thinks that since Argentines have historically been such big fans of cars, they might be interested in the limited edition Toyota / Lexus LFA.

And he is right- they would be.
But Toyota has a very small retail footprint in Argentina, and, given the economy, the market for cars that expensive is very very small.
Plus, duties and taxes mean that whatever the US price would be, you can expect to pay about double in Argentina.
And brand loyalties are strong- which means that Renault, Citroen, and Fiat all are more in demand than Toyotas would be.

There are a fair amount of pretty nice sportscars stashed away thruout Argentina. Most are only driven rarely, you seldom see very nice cars on the road in Buenos Aires, but at car collector rallies, Ferraris and Porsches do show their heads.
One amusing thing is that Argentina has a very large amount of microcars- particularly 50's european microcars- Heinkels, Messerschmitts, Isettas, Borgwards, GogoMobiles, and similar tiny autos.

I have been to most of the auto museums in Argentina, including a visit last summer to the Fangio Museum in Balacarce. There are some pretty nice rides there.
Ries-san, thank you for your interpretation. The gringos living in Argentina, _few of them_seems so stressed that has no sense of humour. But yes, I think in my mother tongue first then try my best to amplify it in english. So much to do in, lost in translation. But the affluent of Chile, have many of these Lexus super cars, so why not, the affluent Argentinos no can afford them? By the way, _Pigeon Lunfardo_thinking expats or gringos, with no spare pesos to spend for such exoticas, so once again wrong forum to post, if I may addd.....

I meant say, have one of this copy arrived in Argentina, _not in chile_ , I already know there are many there. I meant has the affluent Argentinos purchased a few yet perhaps? And I can not "edit" my original post anymore, so to not create confusion among the viewers..

It is possible that there are one or two in Argentina.
But the city of Buenos Aires is not the kind of place where you would see one.
Most of the cars you see daily are quite mundane.
Although I have noticed that in the last couple of years, I see more and more expensive imports.
I saw two Porsche Cayennes in one day this summer- which, in many places, is no big deal, but in Buenos Aires, for years, you could go a week without seeing a single Porsche.

Many of the really nice cars live in garages 20 or 30 kilometers out from the centro, and, when they are driven, they drive AWAY from the city.

I saw more late model fast cars in Tandil, for example, which is a popular second home city of only 100,000 people, than I see in weeks in the affluent areas of Palermo or Recoleta.

Even cars like Jaguars are mostly in the northern suburbs, and seldom venture past the ring road towards the microcento.

Back