Carne en Zona Norte

As an Argentinian-meat-eating/cooking woman....My advice is to find a good "carniceria" or "frigorifico" near your house, where you can go and trust your friendly "carnicero" who will try to give you the best he has...In San Martin (I dont remember if it's a street or Ave.) in Florida there are a quite a few places where you can find good meat. If you have a good neighbor you might ask them where they buy. In San Martin y Panamericana you have a COTO supermarket where they sell fairly good meat.
You also have some placesin Maipu Avenue. However, I'd stick to asking a neighbor to avoid all the search

elhombresinnombre said:
If you have veggie friends coming for lunch, visit your greengrocer instead and buy courgettes and eggplant/aubergine. Make milanesas in exactly the same way as you usually do only substitute nutmeg for your usual spices. They are truly scrumtious: don't be surprised if the meat-eaters scoff the lot before the veggies can get a fork in.

I usually prepare eggplant milanesas, cooked in the oven, to avoid all the greasy stuff. I cut them thin, like a cm and cook them. Then I make a good tomato sauce as if it were for pizza, and buy a good 500/750 grms of muzzarella cheese.
In a pizza tray (dont know how to say pizzera) milanesas, tomato sauce and cheese and then milanesas again and sauce and cheese and so on. Then in the oven until the cheese melts and voilà...deliciosous!!!
Nobody will think they're eggplants

Back