Carnival

In Palermo Scalabrini Ortiz y Soler , sat/sunday 5 nights...! during February

carnaval_buenos_aires.jpg
In Palermo Scalabrini Ortiz y Soler , sat/sunday 5 nights...! during February

carnaval_buenos_aires.jpg

Nice,

There was nothing going on in Av de Mayo tonight (Sunday) but 3700 Corrntes had a fabulous street party. I love the way these dancers go into a sort of trance - it is very unlike the Brazilian carnival. I loved my evening and I am glad I found something (even though it was a little bit by trial and error - which I guess is what BA is all about).

I sleep tonight with a memory...

Well of the 11 nights 4 are gone .. no clue which sat or sun, must check.... :D

another page says .... Palermo: Darwin entre Honduras y Gorriti :cool:

http://blog.segundohogar.com/carnaval-2015-buenos-aires-guia-de-los-lugaresdias-y-horarios-para-vivir-a-pleno-la-fiesta-en-los-barrios-portenos/

Brazilian here. I could not tell you the dates of carnaval if my life dependent on it.

I suspect you are right. Yesterday I was a little frustrated.. but I got my fix of a street event and I am feeling a lot better.

I've been a little frustrated with the city. January is supposed to be the height of their tourist industry but everything is closed - the concert halls, the libraries. The tango cafes were open but who wants to see Tango dancing every night? Not me. The city bike scheme is very dis-organised - there seems to be more broken bikes in the stations than functioning ones and there are no maps in any of the locations.

I know I should just relax and go with the South American flow and park my North European love of schedules and planning... but... it is kind of hard for me to do that. I'm working on it :))))

I suspect you are right. Yesterday I was a little frustrated.. but I got my fix of a street event and I am feeling a lot better.

I've been a little frustrated with the city. January is supposed to be the height of their tourist industry but everything is closed - the concert halls, the libraries. The tango cafes were open but who wants to see Tango dancing every night? Not me. The city bike scheme is very dis-organised - there seems to be more broken bikes in the stations than functioning ones and there are no maps in any of the locations.

January is the quietest month, because everybody in Buenos Aires goes to the beach.

Here is a good Carnaval guide from BATravelGuide (worth subscribing to).

I've been to the one on Darwin y Gorriti and to the one on Av. Corrientes y Av. Medrano.

Darwin is very small, it's nice but is much more humble than the Av. Corrientes one which is quite a spectacle.

Here is a good Carnaval guide from BATravelGuide (worth subscribing to).

I've been to the one on Darwin y Gorriti and to the one on Av. Corrientes y Av. Medrano.

Darwin is very small, it's nice but is much more humble than the Av. Corrientes one which is quite a spectacle.

Useful - thanks.

Back