CELIGOURMET Reviews?

pycz317

Registered
Hi there,

I'm new to BA & this site. I'm allergic to gluten & my research shows there is a place called Celigourmet that sells ready-made baked goods that are gluten-free. I wanted to know if anyone has ever tried the food there & if it's worth checking out. The one closest to me is in Palermo Soho.
TIA.......:)

Celigourmet is has great food. My husband has celiac and loves the cakes, the little sandwiches with cheese/ham/tomato that they have (sometimes only from the freezer, but thawed still very good), the chicken empanadas, the quiches. A lot of goodies to try and enjoy. Recommended!

I went there once on a search for gluten free bread. They has some little baguettes which were pretty good, but not cheap. Also they were passing out some brownie-type samples and THOSE were awesome. I'm not celiac so I'll stick to the originals (breadwise, anyway) but if you are I would recommend it.

The baguettes are ok, expensive though and a little oily, plus you have to eat them almost immediately or they turn into rocks.

Brownies and cakes quite nice, but nothing special either. Overall a little disappointing by euro/US standards, but pretty much the only option in BA. I'd eat more of their products if they delivered.

All baguettes get rock hard if you don't eat them right away, unless they are loaded with preservatives. Anyway, I just put mine in the freezer and they defrost quickly and toast very nicely. Celigourmet is great, although a bit expensive. Why not try baking your own treats?

Back