Challenging Gender Stereotypes and Machismo in Argentina

Nicki Nicole’s face pops on screen during a Zoom call from Miami — she flew in for a few days from Argentina to attend the awards show Premio Lo Nuestro

Keep fighting the good fight Nicki. I know life is really tough for you right now, but hang in there. All of our hearts go out to you.

Millenials, and it is almost exclusively them, demand that you give then attention and bow down to them. Address them as their fetish demands or you shall be cancelled. This identity politics shit is cancer. It is about control and unbridled egoism that social media has massively facilited. Meanwhile identity politics severly damages legitimate anti discrimination and equality causes.

Sad to see it so prevalent in Argentina but I guess that identity politics is the core of Peronism eg you're always the victim, it's always someone else's fault, you demand respect and compliance......

It's a topic approved and pushed by the elites, because it has no negative effect on them economically. If we start talking about how the political system, banking system, tax structures and so on are in place to continue enriching and protect the wealthiest, while keeping the poor ignorant and desperate than that might affect their bottom line.

Everyone should be treated with respect, and if someone wants to consider themselves genderless, fluid or whatever else I'm all for it, if it makes that person happy.

I see much larger, consequential issues - increases in poverty, world-wide pandemic, war, there are 200 jaguars left in Argentina, the Amazon is being trashed...the list goes on...

It's a topic approved and pushed by the elites, because it has no negative effect on them economically. If we start talking about how the political system, banking system, tax structures and so on are in place to continue enriching and protect the wealthiest, while keeping the poor ignorant and desperate than that might affect their bottom line.

Everyone should be treated with respect, and if someone wants to consider themselves genderless, fluid or whatever else I'm all for it, if it makes that person happy.

I see much larger, consequential issues - increases in poverty, world-wide pandemic, war, there are 200 jaguars left in Argentina, the Amazon is being trashed...the list goes on...
There is a new book by an Argentine author that has just been released along this line of thought as well as how it has been hijacked by left wing popularism as a tool of social control in a similar way that the right used ideology in the 20th century (eg. by promoting perpetual societal roles of victims and aggressors to sow division and silence any critics of other government policies and actions that may arise.)

Last edited:
Back