Changing Pesos To Dollars In Colonia - Info Needed!

I'm not sure how my post could possibly be misconstrued, but to make it clearer for those less than financially savvy folks, the spread for ARS/USD in Colonia is 10.95 buy/ 7.1 sell. This means if you have Argentine Pesos and you want USD you will pay 10.95 ARS to buy 1 USD; if you have USD and want to buy Argentine Pesos for every 1 USD you will receive 7.1 Argentine Pesos.

So we're still better off taking out USD and turning around and selling it here. I'm just a bit surprised because I think most Argies know the Blue price and when they see the prices in Colonia they'll realize they're taking a bath on buying USD there as opposed to Florida. I just don't get how they can make any profit then (unless most people don't check). Why bother changing ARS for USD in UY then?

Also, We've also crossed in to 9 ARS to 1 USD territory tonight according to dolarblue.

I'm not sure how my post could possibly be misconstrued, but to make it clearer for those less than financially savvy folks, the spread for ARS/USD in Colonia is 10.95 buy/ 7.1 sell. This means if you have Argentine Pesos and you want USD you will pay 10.95 ARS to buy 1 USD; if you have USD and want to buy Argentine Pesos for every 1 USD you will receive 7.1 Argentine Pesos.

Very clear thanks a Lot...... However I calculated $7.3... :D

Amcastilone - there are no snide comments .....

The official exchange rate does not exist - the blue rate is the only one that is used for exchange on a day to day basis Even of you are selling dollars to close family , it is generally accepted that the blue rate is the guide to go by.
Official exchange rate DOES EXIST, and I will explain in what situations you can get it as I believe that help more the people to actually know what are the tools to get it than just say that it is not possible:
First level of dollar: Available ways of getting the so wanted Official Rate:
  1. The most common here and easier is FAMILY HELP (I’m sure many of the people here use this way to get change pesos to dollars and if they don’t I’m not sure why), it has a limit of 1500 usd per month per person that you send this help.
  1. Usd for traveling outside the country, you can ask them with password level 2 in the afip, they normally don’t give that many dollars, for your reference a 20 days trip to Europe that my father is doing to visit me grant him 2000 euros or what is equal to 2600 usd, some people get much less or nothing depending on their declared income, but some people get much more as well (is difficult to know how much they will grant you until you apply online is normally depend on your declared salary or ernings). To get this dollar you have to get into the Afip web site with a password level 2 that you should probably have if you are working in White on the country, this password is good as well to claim back the 20% they take away when you take money in ATM outside de country or when you buy things with the credit card
  1. Importation of products (not as difficult as everyone tend to believe but still you need to demonstrate the origin of the founds and talk with a “despachantes de aduana” for the highlight on this”
  1. To pay certain debts (i haven-t try this one)

Second level: This level grant you official rate +20% refundable tax
In order to get back the 20% you need a level 2 afip password and you have to apply for it on the end of the year to recover it.
  1. Most common use is buying with the credit card outside the country or buying from the country by internet things that are in dollars or foreign currency. You need an Argentine credit card, the only limit to this is the maximum amount you can spend on your credits cards.
  1. Second most common way to get this price on the dollar is to go to an ATM machine in a foreign country with an Argentine credit card and just take money, it have a 800 usd per month limit at least here in Europe as is where I used it, that limit does not affect at all the limit you have to buy things on your credits cards, so normally the best use you can give to it is buying everything with the credit card when you are out of Argentina and use this money from the ATM to pay things that are not possible to pay on your credit card.
  1. Last option I know is paypal, you create a local account of paypal in Argentina that you link with a local credit card and you pay to another account that you own in a foreign country like Uruguay for example, then you pay yourself with the Argentine Account to the foreign account, and you have dollars that then you transfer to your bank in that country.

third level: Blue rate you find this one in florida, cuevas and many other places lol, surely I forget some way, but here I just posted the method I have try and I know that work.

Hmmm, lamarque-san, very good your posting! You should be able to incorporate in Argentina as a candidate to becoming a clean politician. When voting time comes, all privileged and able ones could be voting for you!

Hmmm, lamarque-san, very good your posting! You should be able to incorporate in Argentina as a candidate to becoming a clean politician. When voting time comes, all privileged and able ones could be voting for you!
I don-t think you will ever see me as a politician :p

Usd for traveling outside the country, you can ask them with password level 2 in the afip, they normally don’t give that many dollars, for your reference a 20 days trip to Europe that my father is doing to visit me grant him 2000 euros or what is equal to 2600 usd, some people get much less or nothing depending on their declared income, but some people get much more as well (is difficult to know how much they will grant you until you apply online is normally depend on your declared salary or ernings). To get this dollar you have to get into the Afip web site with a password level 2 that you should probably have if you are working in White on the country, this password is good as well to claim back the 20% they take away when you take money in ATM outside de country or when you buy things with the credit card
I think your father was very lucky. I only know people that got ... nada. Last example a friend of mine went on a two week vacation to the Caribbean. Flight, hotel everything booked officially here in a travel agency. Works 100% en blanco with an above average salary. Nothing.

Back