"che"

Asking why Argies say "che" is like asking why English speakers say "hey". Exact same meaning and usage.

billsfan said:
It definitely comes from the guarani "che", which means "my".

Porteños would say "che" comes from Europe. But only if they are pretentious. They would like everything to come from Europe and forget about their roots.

There could be a confussion with "chau" which definitely is a cloning of the Italian "ciao", with similar usage also.

El che no es ni mapuche ni guaraní. no sé porque insisten con esas teorías cuando es obvio que el che no viene de ahi.

El che es de origen valenciano y se sigue usando en esa región de España.

Aunque modernamente se escriba Xé la grafía tradicional durante siglos fue che y la pronunciación idéntica a la castellana.
Nuestro che tiene exactamente el mismo uso y significado que el valenciano. A pesar de esto insisten con que viene de los "pueblos originarios". Los cuales me tienen los quinotos llenos por cierto.

gusgutier said:
The version I was told : Che is the word for people in Mapuche (also present in Tehuelche, another tribe in the same zone of the country).

It's not that we "like" to say it comes from Europe. Don't be an idiot.

Nuestro che viene de Valencia, Spain and there's a living prove for that. Just go to Valencia.

All the "pueblos originarios" thing is really nice, but stupid. If you feel guaraní or mapuche (which by the way are chileans, not argentine indigenous) that's fine. I don't have anything in common with those people and I really don't care about them at all.

"Che" from valencia, Spain.

billsfan said:
It definitely comes from the guarani "che", which means "my".
That was several times explained by famous people like Luis Landriscina (humorist) and many others not born in Buenos Aires (the problem with porteños is that they hardly acknowledge anything or anyone outside of their city).

If you knew provinces like Corrientes, Chaco, Formosa or Misiones (and obviously Paraguay), you would know that they still speak in guarani. And from there we have common mixed phrases like:
"Che amigo" (abbreviated as "chamigo") which translates to "My friend"
"Che señor" which would be "My boss/employer"
"Che roga" (here both in guarani) which is "My house"
And in general, you could add any name after "che".
That influence came from the north, down thru Santa Fe, and to the rest of the country.

Porteños would say "che" comes from Europe. But only if they are pretentious. They would like everything to come from Europe and forget about their roots.

mercjoe said:
It's not that we "like" to say it comes from Europe. Don't be an idiot.

Nuestro che viene de Valencia, Spain and there's a living prove for that. Just go to Valencia.

All the "pueblos originarios" thing is really nice, but stupid. If you feel guaraní or mapuche (which by the way are chileans, not argentine indigenous) that's fine. I don't have anything in common with those people and I really don't care about them at all.

"Che" from valencia, Spain.
Spoken like a true Porteno

in the deepest recesses of my memories , and someone might want to reaserch this . is that che comes from a region of spain where che is used as commonly as here in Ba

It's news to me that Che is used outside Argentina. Weird though, cause Spanish people conquered most of the continent, how come Che is only heard here. I don't buy it.

How would you describe Che Guevara in 3 adjectives?

Troll bait?

The ultimate Che, of course. Or the Cherminator. Or Romantiche. Or Lawrence of Cuba.

That's a local guy and I know very well how people with those ideas are. And he knows pretty damn well why I gave him that answer.

He's Argentine like me, did he answer... ? no ? I really wonder why...

I can't stand people telling lies (on purpose) about something they have no clue about.

ghost said:
Spoken like a true Porteno

assassin, lunatic and stinky.

marksoc said:
Troll bait?

The ultimate Che, of course. Or the Cherminator. Or Romantiche. Or Lawrence of Cuba.

Valencia. That's where the che comes frolm.

Fabe said:
in the deepest recesses of my memories , and someone might want to reaserch this . is that che comes from a region of spain where che is used as commonly as here in Ba

Back