Cheap Hotels in Colonia

Xeneizes

Registered
Hello all,

I am thinking about spending a weekend in colonia with my girlfriend, and I have been told the hotels there are fairly affordable.

However, upon searching, I haven't been able to find anything below $100 USD per night. This is just ridiculous, because in so many places in the states I have been able to find cheap hotels for $30-40 USD per night. Colonia is obviously not Buenos Aires. Am I looking in the wrong places or is it really just that ridiculously expensive?

we went last year and got digs,B/B for 140 pesos,for the two of us,per night.there are loads of options there,just go on speck

HowardinBA said:
we went last year and got digs,B/B for 140 pesos,for the two of us,per night.there are loads of options there,just go on speck

What are digs? Could you tell me the place you stayed? what is speck?

Xeneizes said:
What are digs? Could you tell me the place you stayed? what is speck?
:rolleyes: well, digs are like a bed and breakfast,clean,tidy and cheap...On speck is to go and look and find something there and then:) and no I don,t remember the names as we travelled all over Entre Rios during that vacation and crashed out(slept)at many B and B,s.good luck

Check groupon would be my advice.

Otherwise, high season in an exclusively tourist town?..... I wouldn't call $100/night "ridiculously expensive".

Back