Cheap Tango Classes?

Anyway, Cath, to get back to your question: my opinion with lots of tango teaching experience, is that it's better to start out with a few private lessons to make sure you don't develop bad habits (which can take years to break), and learn the fundamentals of technique before you learn steps and figures. After you develop some tango technique, then it can be fun to take group classes to meet new people.

Here in Buenos Aires, "everyone" is a tango teacher, even if they've had only ten lessons more than you. Cheap lessons aren't necessarily the best. There are shoe stores and hotels which offer free lessons. But sometimes you get what you pay for.

Wow, I am sure the information you have imparted here will be very usefull. Again I can only agree about the tourist milongas.
Viejo is still one of my favourites for that very reason, I think when we go, we are the only english speakers in there.
Canning is very close and I only go there if I am short of time(or taxi Fare)
I used to like Maipu 444 until one expert??? kicked me in the middle of my back.
I like Fulgor, and I know pure Tango it isn't but everybody is just there to have fun, and I particularly like the way they will stop the dancing and admonish anyone who dares to do a gancho.
The rest of your post just shows how I am getting out of touch, I cannot return until May, perhaps you can keep me abreast of what is happening.

As I said, things change daily on the milonga scene. Don't worry about it now. But contact me if you want when you arrive in May.

Back