Check Cashing Fees?

LAtoBA

Registered
Would I be able to cash a check made payable to me from a local Argentine company even though I do not currently have an Argentine bank account? If so, does anyone know the check cashing fees associated with getting the check cashed?

Thanks in advance,

Sure, 1-2 percent at any local Casa de Cambio. Bring passport and serious documentation if it's for a lot of money.

NikBaires said:
Sure, 1-2 percent at any local Casa de Cambio. Bring passport and serious documentation if it's for a lot of money.

Last question. If the check is in dollars can I get dollars or just Argentine pesos converted from the dollar amount?

You can get either...or Euros or full frontal nudity..whatever you desire....To cash a check in dollars go to a large Casa de Cambio. http://www.bancopiano.com.ar/ Never worked with them before but they are about the largest outfit in BA.

If you cash the check at the branch where the company's account resides, you can cash it without any fee. I do it every month with just my passport. I don't know about the answer to your question about dollars.

Back