Cheddar cheese anyone???

betanita

Registered
I just had to share that today I found cheddar cheese that is actually, well, like cheddar cheese!! I was so excited about it I had to post. I bought it from the mercado in Belgrano at Ciudad de la Paz and Juramento, the brand is... something italian with a V. I paid 33 pesos for 240g. It's awesome, and if you are missing strong hunter's type cheddar, you have your solution!!!!!

Quick clarification?

You're talking about Traditional English Cheddar, right?

Not the orange American stuff that goes from mild and a bit rubbery to "extra sharp" and almost English.

Thanks

I was pleasantly surprised with the new "Grand Pampanea" or whatever it's called -- it's a decent replacement for a sharper cheddar-like cheese.

Valenti is the name of the place, I haven't bought cheddar there but I did get an Argentine made Manchego once that was amazing! The original is the one you went to in the Belgrano market but there are a few more throughout the city including one in the food court at the Dot Shopping.

http://www.valenti.com.ar/

franco parma on pena y vincente lopez in recoleta has both american and british cheddar. both fantastic

Magis said:
franco parma on pena y vincente lopez in recoleta has both american and british cheddar. both fantastic

This. If you live in Palermo there is a closer location on Guemes and Coronel Diaz.

Best deli in BA.

Valenti is a great place to spend some serious food money. They do not always have the cheddar in stock so be prepared to check frequently. Anyway, your trip is never wasted because the store is full of goodness.

Back