Chinese New year

cricri58

Registered
Hola,

Does anyone know the date of the New Chinese Year in (the tiny area ) of Chinatown Belgrano?
It would be nice to go there with a few people (and better with s.o acquainted with the Chinese culture!)
Regards
Christophe

The Lonely Planet BA City Guide I have says it will be on January 26th this year(and Feb. 14 in '10, Feb. 3 in '11).

The official date of CNY worldwide is Jan. 26.

In Belgrano, there will be a Chinese New Year parade this Sunday, Jan. 20 hosted by the Taiwanese Cultural Association. I saw it on a flyer when down there last Sunday.

Caveman Ugh

Yup.

I talked to Restaurante Lailai's owner this past week and she confirmed it. Sunday.

Anybody want to go PM me. I'm an American but speak Mandarin.

Someone told me today that last year there were 2 Chinese New Year´s celbrations: One by the Taiwanese community and one by the Chinese (mainland)community (two different sundays, same dragon :))

This may be the reason why some people think it is 18th and some 25th´......
It may well be that they both days are new year´s celebrations...

I really want to see this parade. Anyone have more details_time, street name etc. about CNY parade this year?
I goggled but nothing haven't come up yet.:(

Finally found this informative link from the thread. Thanks for the info!
I might go and see next week parade.

• GRAN FESTIVAL DEL AÑO NUEVO LUNAR DE TAIWAN
    Domingo 18 de enero 2009, de 10:30 a 18hs.
    Organizado por la Asociación de Taiwaneses en Argentina

Habrá espectáculos en la sede de la Asociación (Arribeños 2275) y feria de comida, regalos, productos orientales sobre Arribeños entre Juramento y Olazábal. Danza de león y dragón.
    Entrada libre y gratuita.

• FIESTA DE AÑO NUEVO CHINO
    Domingo 25 de enero 2009
    Organizado por la Asociacion del Barrio Chino de Buenos Aires

Habrá espectáculos en la calle, danza de dragón, león. Feria de comida y productos orientales sobre Arribeños entre Juramento y Olazábal.
    Entrada libre y gratuita.

Back