Church service in English?

gringaingreen

Registered
Hola expats! I just arrived in beautiful BA, and would love to find a church here that has services in English. I am Protestant, but I could also go to a Catholic service. If anyone knows of a service in English, I would be grateful if you could let me know.

Gracias!

Susannah,
15 6869 8703

Hello gringaingreen,
There are many Churches with services in English. There is Saint Michael's and All Angels Anglican Church in Martinez, Rev. Brian Williams, (Sarmiento 328). Also, there is St. Andrew's Presbyterian Scots Kirk in town (Belgrano 579), tel: 4331-0308, Rev. Kenneth Murray. Also you could attend Services in English at the United Commnity Church in Acassuso. This is the American Church. There is another American Church in Martínez, on Sarmiento (just a few blocks away from St. Michael's, near Av. Libertador, but I don't know anyone there.
In Belgrano, you could go to St. Saviour's Anglican Church (Crámer 1816) Tel: 4783-0272.
I think you will find more thorough information at
http://www.buenosairesherald.com . Go to the "Community Life" section.
I hope this helps.
Cheers
Ernie

The Well is an English-speaking christian church gathering in the city of Buenos Aires.

We meet every other Sunday evening at 19.30 at the Iglesia Presbiteriana San Andres at Conesa 2216 in Belgrano. It’s about six blocks from Cabildo and Juramento, where the D-line Juramento subte stop is located.

Click on the links below for a little bit more info and where to find us:

http://thewellbsas.wordpress.com/
facebook.com/thewellbsas

or send us an email at [email protected]

The Centro Cristiano Palermo has an English service on Sunday mornings. They meet at this address : J. Salguero 1184 in Palermo. Their phone number is 4862.3566 if you want to call them. This is their blog and has the pastor's email address. http://iglesiaccpalermo.blogspot.com...ngo-31-de.html This is not a Catholic church and the pastor says that he goes through the Bible systematically verse by verse.

Nuestra Señora de la Unidad, located at Parana 1630 Olivos, holds a Catholic service on Sundays at 11am

If you are a Protestant, please try to find a Christian church, Lutheran or Presbyterian, instead of a Catholic church. I hope you can find one :)

JenyP said:
If you are a Protestant, please try to find a Christian church, Lutheran or Presbyterian, instead of a Catholic church. I hope you can find one :)

I thought I'd left Scotland :rolleyes:

:) No, you're in Argentina now!!! he he he.... but I have honestly learned a lot since I started reading the Bible. I can understand a lot of stuff that I did not before. I know latin american countries are more catholic-driven. Trust me, I know. I have an uncle in my family who is a Catholic priest, but I truly enjoy going to a Christian Church. I like how the word of God is taught. Religion is a very personal thing. I hope you don't take it personal. Good luck on your search, though! :)

JenyP said:
:) No, you're in Argentina now!!! he he he.... but I have honestly learned a lot since I started reading the Bible. I can understand a lot of stuff that I did not before. I know latin american countries are more catholic-driven. Trust me, I know. I have an uncle in my family who is a Catholic priest, but I truly enjoy going to a Christian Church. I like how the word of God is taught. Religion is a very personal thing. I hope you don't take it personal. Good luck on your search, though! :)

Catholics are Christian. :rolleyes:

I'm a dirty Atheist. I just found it amusing you were saying Catholic churches were not Christian.

Back