Citizenship of child born in Argentina from US Citizen Parents?


igor said:
You don't loose original citizenship automatically if you are granted another one even if neither of contries involved allows dual citizenship. Surrendering citizenship is an active process. If you want to initiate it, you need to write a petition to a consul, pay hefty processing fees etc etc.

I'm going to stop reading about this on the internet as it's getting more & more complicated!! :D


Be careful of naming the child. We heard from a friend last night that his cousin had the kid here. They were going to to name it Brandel and since that wasn't a recognize name in Argentina, they had to go to the US embassy to get someone to prove it was name.