Citizenship timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre quarantine I did this 3 times and I wasn't asked anything unusual when coming back in (apart from the usual stuff about what you're doing in Arg and your local address). I was tempted to try and get a rentista visa but having read a few posts on this forum (as well as experiences of other expats) it seems like it's not really worth the hassle. The only downsides so far of not having a DNI are that when it comes to renting a flat and sorting out banking/car leasing issues things can get a bit troublesome.
I believe the RENTISTA VISA is going to haunt more than a few people at some future point in time. The person with a rentista visa is basically declaring that they have sufficient means to live in Argentina with ample assets in reserve. Once The Argentine GOVERNMENT (If it is not already capable now.) updates their agencies with an integrated software system it will be very easy for them to use information from one agency and share it with another. With that capability, they will have what they need to begin taxing previously unknown revenue sources. Anyone trying to be legal in the country should explore every other visa type before selecting this one!

Let’s say I stayed for 2 years without leaving and the visa expired during that period will that be okay? Is it legal? If I applied for the citizenship through a lawyer a couple of months after arriving will this protect me from deportation?
Also guys what do you think of getting a student visa to study Spanish since I will be doing that anyways?

Let’s say I stayed for 2 years without leaving and the visa expired during that period will that be okay? Is it legal? If I applied for the citizenship through a lawyer a couple of months after arriving will this protect me from deportation?
Also guys what do you think of getting a student visa to study Spanish since I will be doing that anyways?
It is Ok.
It is legal.
It protects you or not depending who is your lawyer.
We don't know when Universities and language institute are going to be open.

It is Ok.
It is legal.
We don't know when Universities and language institute are going to be open.
Thanks for the reply!
You said its like a “second class“ citizenship with no political rights! Does it mean we don't have the right to vote? What did you mean by second class?
Is there another route to get the “first class” version?

Thanks for the reply!
You said its like a “second class“ citizenship with no political rights! Does it mean we don't have the right to vote? What did you mean by second class?
Is there another route to get the “first class” version?
Second Class citizenship is an euphemism used in the US to describe the status of former slave after emancipation before full enfranchisement. They were Americans but the couldn't vote plus they suffer oppression.
Here you have full civil rights and those who are not recognized can be enforced at Court like the right to re enter the country.
You can go for full citizenship as an inhabitant (expat) or as a legal resident.

It is legal.

Can you say why protection is needed when the sentence before you say it is legal?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but in other threads about citizenship I seem to remember discussion about the courts giving precedence- basically processing much more quickly- the applications of those that had played by the rules (no visa overstays or visa runs) and those that had first gotten temporary residence for three years and afterwards permanent residency.

Second Class citizenship is an euphemism used in the US to describe the status of former slave after emancipation before full enfranchisement. They were Americans but the couldn't vote plus they suffer oppression.
Here you have full civil rights and those who are not recognized can be enforced at Court like the right to re enter the country.
You can go for full citizenship as an inhabitant (expat) or as a legal resident.
So do we get a passport or not? If yes why would we need court to re-enter?
Can this second class citizenship be turned into a full one?

So do we get a passport or not? If yes why would we need court to re-enter?
Can this second class citizenship be turned into a full one?
An internation passport is granted only with full citizenship.

An internation passport is granted only with full citizenship.

How exactly does less than full citizenship work then? It's the first time I've heard of it in Argentina.

Is it a piece of paper granting citizenship in Argentina with a list of exceptions (Something like "not eligible to vote or for passports?") Is it a DNI that lists citizenship as an Argie not as an Extranjero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back