Citizenship

But you still need to comply with the other requirements, right, like for example obtaining the "antecedentes" from your native country?
If you can only.
The only 3 requirements are:
1) to be 18 years old;
2) to apply before a Federal Judge;
3) marriage or the 2 years for the decision.

If you can only.
The only 3 requirements are:
1) to be 18 years old;
2) to apply before a Federal Judge;
3) marriage or the 2 years for the decision.

Thanks for the answer. Is it only valid with marriage, or does it also work with an Union Convivencial?
Also, did I get this right, are you advising to apply directly before a Federal Judge, without going first through Migraciones? I thought the Federal Judge was just the last step of the process, being in charge of ultimately signing and confirming.

Last edited:
The process starts and ends with the judges office. Go directly to your "Juzgado Federal" to apply. I went through the process.

Thanks for the answer. Is it only valid with marriage, or does it also work with an Union Convivencial?
Also, did I get this right, are you advising to apply directly before a Federal Judge, without going first through Migraciones? I thought the Federal Judge was just the last step of the process, being in charge of ultimately signing and confirming.

The process starts and ends with the judges office. Go directly to your "Juzgado Federal" to apply. I went through the process.
Since 1 week ago, It can be applied on line (only) by the LEX 100, the Federal Court Online system (pjn.gov.ar) but only a lawyer can do it.

Last edited:
Citizenship law was enacted in 1869 while Union Convivencial was an eufemism for gay common law marriage, something in 1869, for sure, was not a source of rights but, instead, of jail.
Now that gender is not a limitation to marriage, the Union Convivencial makes no sense.

Since 1 week ago, It can be applied on line (only) by the LEX 100, the Federal Court Online system (pjn.gov.ar) but only a lawyer can do it.
Bajo_cero2 Can I contact you regarding this service? Please tell me how. Thank you.

Citizenship law was enacted in 1869 while Union Convivencial was an eufemism for gay common law marriage, something in 1869, for sure, was not a source of rights but, instead, of jail.
Now that gender is not a limitation to marriage, the Union Convivencial makes no sense.

But it still exists, the Union Convivencial, even for people of different sexes (man and woman). It is useful to avoid costly divorce procedures, if things were to go bad at some later point (it happens sometimes).

But it still exists, the Union Convivencial, even for people of different sexes (man and woman). It is useful to avoid costly divorce procedures, if things were to go bad at some later point (it happens sometimes).
It has no legal consequenses/benefits. Marriage is to protect each other in case of disease or death.

Bajo_cero2, what is the latest with citizenship cases? Have the cases that have been dead in the courts since 2014-2016 finally getting a positive ruling?

Bajo_cero2, what is the latest with citizenship cases? Have the cases that have been dead in the courts since 2014-2016 finally getting a positive ruling?
Yes, they are since I won at Supreme Court. However, they were interrupted by the quarantine. Since this week they are moving again.

Back