Citizenship

This is a great thread with lots of useful information. I made an account because I need to get some clarifications.
Me and my wife and son (all non argentine nationals) will travel to BA and my wife will give birth to our second son there.

After gleaning what I can from the thread I have the following questions:
  1. Is it true that we do not need to get PR first before applying for citizenship if we have an argentine child?
  2. Will our existing child also be able to apply for citizenship at the same time as his parents? (I've read that he would need to wait until the age of 18)
  3. what is acceptable proof of income? at the time of application I will have been living in argentina for less than 3 months, so I will only have argentine financial records (WU receipts) for a couple of months. Is this acceptable? I get paid in cryptocurrency by my company. and only cash out what we need.
Thanks in advance
1. It is true but you need a lawyer to make it happens.
2. Yes, it is possible. It is called Option of nationality.
3. WU does not work out, I used an specialized accountant who certifies foreign income.

Thanks for the information, and good luck to you, it sounds like you're nearly at the finish line.

1. We looking at having the baby and then going back, and coming back to argentina some years later to apply for our citizenships, I assume this gap is irrelevant. any idea how long it takes for a baby to go from birth certificate -> DNI -> passport?

2. It's possible that my company would be able to transfer me to argentina and then i'd have a regular income in the country its just not feasible right this moment.

No, we're not from Eastern Europe, I'm British but we live in South east Asia
It is more difficult for British than for Russians for obvious reasons, but not impossible.
Citizenship can be applied before the baby born. This is better for the mother and the baby as soon as pregnancy is a state of health while after childbirth the woman is in a state of recovery and the baby does not yet have enough defenses to go around the courts.
The obvious advantage of applying for citizenship as soon as you arrive is that your case starts moving forward much sooner.
Lawyers can do the same work than judges and replace them in gathering the info they need to decide.
This week I asked for judgment in a dozen and a half cases in which the babies were just born but all the reports were already answered, the edicts published and the accounting certifications made.
Depending on how early you come, you might have your case almost done by the time the baby has his passport.
I advice all pregnant women to come as early as possible as soon as there is less risk for her and the baby.
There was one Russian woman who, fortunately, brought her trip forward. Her baby was born prematurely in the same week she had originally planned to travel. Because she was on the ground the baby went into an incubator and the family had a happy ending.
In your case, with all my respect, it might be a mistake to wait for applying for citizenship. To get AR citizenship and to be in proper time in AR soil is your shield against conscription in case WWIII goes to hell. Argentina has over 200 years of tradition not repatriating deserters.

It is more difficult for British than for Russians for obvious reasons, but not impossible.
Citizenship can be applied before the baby born. This is better for the mother and the baby as soon as pregnancy is a state of health while after childbirth the woman is in a state of recovery and the baby does not yet have enough defenses to go around the courts.
The obvious advantage of applying for citizenship as soon as you arrive is that your case starts moving forward much sooner.
Lawyers can do the same work than judges and replace them in gathering the info they need to decide.
This week I asked for judgment in a dozen and a half cases in which the babies were just born but all the reports were already answered, the edicts published and the accounting certifications made.
Depending on how early you come, you might have your case almost done by the time the baby has his passport.
I advice all pregnant women to come as early as possible as soon as there is less risk for her and the baby.
There was one Russian woman who, fortunately, brought her trip forward. Her baby was born prematurely in the same week she had originally planned to travel. Because she was on the ground the baby went into an incubator and the family had a happy ending.
In your case, with all my respect, it might be a mistake to wait for applying for citizenship. To get AR citizenship and to be in proper time in AR soil is your shield against conscription in case WWIII goes to hell. Argentina has over 200 years of tradition not repatriating deserters.
Great to see you posting again Bajo_cero. Missed you. Just out of curiosity, who are you rooting for in the Presidential race? I hope you're doing well.

@Bajo_cero2 What's your opinion on juzgado 1 secretaria 1 and juzgado 5 secretaria 9 in CABA?
Any tips on how to work with them?
The first one declared constitutionally valid DNU 70/2017, we recusal each other since then. The second is even worst.

Does anyone know the typical timeline from judge sentencing to the swear in ceremony?

Does anyone know the typical timeline from judge sentencing to the swear in ceremony?
you need to make reservation for the juramento. normal it should be very fast, next week or something after when you recieve the sentence.

Back