Citizenship

Come on Brian, we need to remove that grin from dsp's avatar :)

Once you get citizenship... I'm hearing that passport production is currently stalled, see here: https://www.lanacion.com.ar/socieda...hip-que-debe-llevar-el-documento-nid22122021/

One way to get a passport quicker might be to get a travel ticket, it seems like people with upcoming travel get priority.
jaja

I did it in CABA and on my own;)

There is a global shortage of chips for the passports that's the cause of the delay. Not sure if it has been resolved. It happened to me back in Nov 2021, and I sent an email with my upcoming trip in Dec and my passport was printed the next day and I had to go pick it up -- otherwise they mail it. Back then they were still not doing the "tramite expres" which guarantees the passport within 2-3 biz days but is more expensive. Now they have that option.

jaja

I did it in CABA and on my own;)

There is a global shortage of chips for the passports that's the cause of the delay. Not sure if it has been resolved. It happened to me back in Nov 2021, and I sent an email with my upcoming trip in Dec and my passport was printed the next day and I had to go pick it up -- otherwise they mail it. Back then they were still not doing the "tramite expres" which guarantees the passport within 2-3 biz days but is more expensive. Now they have that option.
Don't you have to wait 6 months after obtaining citizenship before getting a passport?

No, you apply for a DNI and once you have it you can get a passport. Got my DNI delivered 11 days after my swear in and got the passport in about 3 weeks after that.
Congratulations, I heard CABA is very very hard to apply for Citizenship. Currently, I am in a lambo, I am ready to apply but still don't know where I should apply. I can move anywhere in the country, if you have an idea of any jurisdiction easier than CABA, Salta, Córdoba, please share!

Congratulations, I heard CABA is very very hard to apply for Citizenship. Currently, I am in a lambo, I am ready to apply but still don't know where I should apply. I can move anywhere in the country, if you have an idea of any jurisdiction easier than CABA, Salta, Córdoba, please share!
Apply where you live. Unless you are desperate for the carta de ciudadania don't waste your time. I applied knowing it could take 2 years but it took much less, it's a mixture of luck and me just being compulsivo obsesivo y hincha pelota.

Apply where you live. Unless you are desperate for the carta de ciudadania don't waste your time. I applied knowing it could take 2 years but it took much less, it's a mixture of luck and me just being compulsivo obsesivo y hincha pelota.
Thank you! Yeah, I am so desperate, I want it so bad! 😀

CABA is the best place to apply. Half of the judges are good, half bad.

Back