Citizenship

Well, good news i guess,,, i went back to the registro and told them somethign was wrong and they refiled everything. my new tramite is now in process beyond verification. so that's nice.

So, my drivers license is on my old DNI. I guess i should get that changed over.

Also my car is registered on the old DNI too. but that costs money to swap.

So, my drivers license is on my old DNI. I guess i should get that changed over.

Also my car is registered on the old DNI too. but that costs money to swap.
If you could make a to-do list of what needs to be moved to your new DNI that would be great, I'll be going through that process in a few months as well. Other things that come to mind are bank accounts plus MercadoPago, AFIP, driving license...

I mean, i'm not sure i strictly... want to. The more I forget to change the more work AFIP has to keep my 2 identities straight.

Like what is strictly necessary to change...

@FrankPintor well, my new DNI arrived today to great fanfare.

The old DNI is mentioned on it. Means i shouldn't have to update everything. If you own property, licenses or bank accounts, the old 9* extranero dni will be on the back as a reference.

My new one is in the 19 millions. Thanks everyone for coming along with me on my wonderful ride through Argentina's Citizenship journey.

On monday i'll go to apply for the passport and be able to wrap that up.

Thanks!

The old DNI is mentioned on it. Means i shouldn't have to update everything. If you own property, licenses or bank accounts, the old 9* extranero dni will be on the back as a reference.

My new one is in the 19 millions. Thanks everyone for coming along with me on my wonderful ride through Argentina's Citizenship journey.

Thanks!
Congrats! I'm waiting for my swearing-in in October. There's almost a 3 month wait, must be a lot of people getting citizenship now.

You'll apply for an express passport? The chip shortage still exists?

BTW, is there any restriction on spending time outside Argentina once you have citizenship? It can't be revoked if you leave for some time?

Last edited:
Congrats! I'm waiting for my swearing-in in October. There's almost a 3 month wait, must be a lot of people getting citizenship now.

BTW, is there any restriction on spending time outside Argentina once you have citizenship? It can't be revoked if you leave for some time?
My mother in law got a passport in a week or so.

Citizenship is forever. Hence the reason to get it.

Thanks!
My DNI as a citizen does not reference my old DNI as a resident. Not sure if this is something new, it just had fecha de naturalizacion and numero de Juzgado -- I got mine in Nov 2021.

You can get a passport in 72 or so hours via the express delivery in CABA.
Once citizen you are just like any other Argentine. You can only lose your citizenship if you ask for it to be canceled or if you had lied in any of the paperwork for the carta de ciudadania.
Juzgados often give dates far out. Then you ask for a sooner date. They will generally oblige.

My DNI as a citizen does not reference my old DNI as a resident. Not sure if this is something new, it just had fecha de naturalizacion and numero de Juzgado -- I got mine in Nov 2021.
Its on the back under associated DNI.

Mine listed my birthplace as BFE provincia not my country of birth.

Renaper ensures me this is expected.

Back