Citizenship

Well, if ever we got denied, I hope you will be able and willing to come to Córdoba for an appeal.
You have an Argentine child. You do NOT need two years of residence. That rule is waived in your case. Having a DNI will certainly make your application easier but not necessary.

You have an Argentine child. You do NOT need two years of residence. That rule is waived in your case. Having a DNI will certainly make your application easier but not necessary.
Some members shared that Córdoba, Mendoza and Salta are the worst place to apply for Citizenship in the country; I was going to apply in Córdoba but this scared me. Do you know any easier Jurisdiction where I should apply? I am able to move to any location during the time my application is being processed.

In that case, if you apply, you need luck. If they do not ask for migratory movements, you are Ok.

What percentage of judges doesn't ask for your movements? I imagine most judges will ask for it. It makes sense to see how long you were actually in the country.

What percentage of judges doesn't ask for your movements? I imagine most judges will ask for it. It makes sense to see how long you were actually in the country.
Difficult to say, half of the judges are new. The other half do not care if you have PR.

Difficult to say, half of the judges are new. The other half do not care if you have PR.
Does "PR" stand for Permanent Residency?

If so, do some (or most) of the new judges care if a foreigner has it when applying for citizenship, or, in most jurisdictions, is having temporary residency for two years sufficient (at least when applying without a lawyer)?

Does "PR" stand for Permanent Residency?

If so, do some (or most) of the new judges care if a foreigner has it when applying for citizenship, or, in most jurisdictions, is having temporary residency for two years sufficient (at least when applying without a lawyer)?
PR, indeed, means Permanent Residency.
The requirement of 2 years of legal residency of DNU 70/2017 was abolished by Decree 138/2021.
Half of the Judges at CABA do not care about legal residency, the other half appointed by Macri enforce DNU 70/2017 without mention it.
DNU 70/2017 targeted CABA because in the rest of the Country they enforce decree 999/31 that is a simple translation of the German citizenship and nationality law of 1913.

Last edited:
PR, indeed, means Permanent Residency.
The requirement of 2 years of legal residency of DNU 70/2017 was abolished by Decree 138/2021.
Half of the Judges at CABA do not care about legal residency, the other half appointed by Macri enforce DNU 70/2017 without mention it.
DNU 70/2017 targeted CABA because in the rest of the Country they enforce decree 999/31 that is a simple translation of the German citizenship and nationality law of 1913.
If my memorty is correct, I think this is the first time you have mentioned that Permanent Residency is once again being required by any judges when applying for citizenship.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but prior to this post it was always two years of residency and a DNI when applying without a lawyer.

So, at least in CABA, does this mean that there is about a 50% possibility that somone one who has two years of "legal" temporary residency and a DNI will be "rejected" when they apply for citizenship, their own, even if they have been in the country most (if not all) of those two years?

Do the judges that require Permanent Residency include it in the list of requisites, so the applicant will know in advance and avoid applying at that particular court and can do so at one with judges that are not enforcing the DNU 70/2017?

If my memorty is correct, I think this is the first time you have mentioned that Permanent Residency is once again being required by any judges when applying for citizenship.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but prior to this post it was always two years of residency and a DNI when applying without a lawyer.

So, at least in CABA, does this mean that there is about a 50% possibility that somone one who has two years of "legal" temporary residency and a DNI will be "rejected" when they apply for citizenship, their own, even if they have been in the country most (if not all) of those two years?

Do the judges that require Permanent Residency include it in the list of requisites, so the applicant will know in advance and avoid applying at that particular court and can do so at one with judges that are not enforcing the DNU 70/2017?
I got citizenship with 2.5 years of temporaria only and DNI, not PR. The law says temporaria or permanente. As far as I know ALL judges accept that. What I think Bajo meant was that 50% of judges in CABA would take on a case with no legal residence or residence of less than 2 years.

Steve, we were talking about Permanent Residency regarding if they double check or not your in & outs of the country. When you have PR judges do not care about migratory movements.

A second topic is half of the judges enforce DNU 70/2017 without mentioned it, DNU that requieres 2 previous years of legal residency. However, DNU 70/2017 was a resurrection of germanic Law 21.795 and its decree 1312/79 required Permanent Residency. So, there is no ban for them to ask PR.

dsp27 had one of the best judges and this makes her feel a false understanding of how things really works.

they've been chugging along with my case. I'm somewhat suspecting it will resolve in March. I dropped the documents off in Concepcion de Uruguay in September.

My wife is a lawyer in this province, married, has a job, my PR is 2+ years, argentine kids. Lots of good factors for ensuring a speedy resolution.

Waiting for movement to start again since the Juzgado hasn't been working in Jan.

Back