Citizenship

Ya. I’d say it’s super duper easy. You just need to get a few things squared away:
  1. Be patient
  2. Be nice
  3. Have an Argentine spouse
  4. Have kids who were born in Argentina
  5. Be white/male (probably helps a lot) (let’s be honest just in general)
  6. Have money and the ability to have all the things apostilled/translated from your home country.
  7. Your Argentine spouse is familiar with immigration and citizenship law
  8. Your Argentine spouse is a lawyer registered in the province you filed in
  9. Your Argentine spouse takes no shit from nameless bureaucrats.
  10. Speak a modicum of rioplatense
If you just have these 10 things, anyone can do it.
1. Check
2. Check
3. X
4. X
5. Check
6. Check
7. X
8. X
9. X
10. Check

Hello guys,
After sending emails to the Court in CABA 2 times in 2 months and never heard back; I decided to try the Court in Capital Córdoba.
As I got my permanent residence through a Consulate, I only had to apply for the permanent DNI here. They didn't request anything, just my passport for the DNI, I haven't not received it yet though. Today, I went to the Court in Córdoba with all the documents, they told me they can't initiate the case without the DNI ( I tried with passport), also I needed the 2 years of continous residency although I gave them the Argentine passport/partida de nacimiento of my son. After arguing and telling them every single thing I've learned here, they gave me a list of documents to bring. While I thought the antecedentes penales of Argentina was done by the court, they told me I have to do it myself. I am attaching the list here. They told me to come back when I have these but also with the DNI, which is a must to start; passport no.

Cordoba is the worst possible place to apply. Do it in CABA. Just go, do not ask for an appointment.

Welcome to Argentinian bureaucracy where everyone makes up their own rules!
This is the literal truth, in the federal court every judge, prosecutor, and floor-sweeper can decide whatever they like, redefine whatever legal terms they want, with no regard to existing law. It's absolutely infuriating at times, and I'm happy to be almost finished with the process after just over 2 years.

After a spate of illnesses I managed to pick up the edicts and will have some time to sneak away from work to hand out them.

Any advice on best times/who or where exactly I should hand them to? And I assume I just make a copy for myself and give them originals, then email the secretary I've been working with confirming so? Thanks!

Back