Citizenship

If you need the residency, you have another pile of requirements already. Also, it's 10× the cost otherwise if you have to use a solicitor, and how long have some of those petitions been in the system before they're adjudicated? The law says 90 days, but we see resolutions years later. Considering the CoL and how long you'd wait, buying Grenadian citizenship would be cheaper which they'd give you in three months.
Sure, and it is useless for living here.

That's the impression you'd get reading this forum, but the reality is quite different when you check the jurisprudence system. I think you're missing the point though. The issue is the requirements are moot since the law is applied inconsistently and with representation there's no guarantee you'd get it anyway.
Seems you have conflicts with the term litigation…

Sure, and it is useless for living here.
Is it though? Seems illegals can't be deported anymore. The Russians who get the passport and bounce have the right idea either way.
Seems you have conflicts with the term litigation…
That's a strawman. You have to recognise the absurdity of having to sue the government to get it to enforce its same rules for basic civil processes. I guess that option would be fine for the Congolese boat people Lula let into the continent during his first term, but for those looking to amplify their passport portfolios duking it out while in a residency-based tax system isn't appealing. The point is why would you bother when you could get the same result elsewhere, faster, and at lower cost?

Is it though? Seems illegals can't be deported anymore. The Russians who get the passport and bounce have the right idea either way.

That's a strawman. You have to recognise the absurdity of having to sue the government to get it to enforce its same rules for basic civil processes. I guess that option would be fine for the Congolese boat people Lula let into the continent during his first term, but for those looking to amplify their passport portfolios duking it out while in a residency-based tax system isn't appealing. The point is why would you bother when you could get the same result elsewhere, faster, and at lower cost?
Nobody gets deported? Really? You are wrong.
Perhaps you mean that nobody can be rejected at the border IF and only IF they say they are moving or they live here. This is what I achieved at the 6 pregnant Russian women habeas corpus.
The only one Russian who actually got a passport is my interpreter, I won her case and she lives here.
You comment sound to racial superiority. FYI if we have to litigate is because YOU ARE UNDESIRABLE immigration.
Well, because your super solution is not the same than Argentina has to offer. In fact, I have many clients with St. K. Passport applying for AR citizenship.

(snip) but for those looking to amplify their passport portfolios duking it out while in a residency-based tax system isn't appealing. (snip)
I can't see any advantage for the host nation - any host nation - in making citizenship applications cheaper, faster or easier for "those looking to amplify their passport portfolios."

I was silently following the discussion, but now I'm wondering why the Congolese came up (I read that there are all of 1000 or so in Brazil, and given the transatlantic crossing involved, I do doubt that they are actual "boat people") and why they they might be relevant to the discussion? Do please share, maybe it makes more sense from a Germanic POV?

And as I observed in another thread, any Tom, Dick, or Harry at the federal court can make whatever decision they please, even to the point of inventing new requirements, or redefining existing legal concepts to mean whatever they like. Yes, it's infuriating, no, we're not naïve in this forum about it, several of us have gone through the process. It's still easier and faster than most (if not all) LatAm countries, plus the passport you get at the end is accepted for visa-free entry by a lot of countries.

I can't see any advantage for the host nation - any host nation - in making citizenship applications cheaper, faster or easier for "those looking to amplify their passport portfolios."
Economics. Several Caribbean nations were in a bidding war some years ago doing the same.

It appears there is a misconception by some participants here about the nature of the availability of Argentine citizenship via naturalization. Nobody should take the relative ease and low cost (even after hiring an attorney such as BajoCero) of the naturalization process to mean it is intended to be some sort of passport/citizenship for sale program. That it is NOT. The naturalization process is designed to accommodate honest people who intend on LIVING in Argentina.

They reply the same day at SM.
This is what I get when I email [email protected]
I have emailed the below email 15 times from 4 different email addresses with zero response. Looks like I will need to hire a translator and just show up.?.?

para realizar el trámite de ciudadanía debe escribir a la siguiente dirección de mail; [email protected] allí puede solicitar información, pedir el turno y también acompañar la documentación y los escritos para su ulterior inicio.
La oficina encargada es la Receptoria Gral. de Exptes. (4755-5974) sito en Bonifacini 1770; pero "provisoriamente por problemas edilicios" se encuentra atendiendo en la calle; Pueyrredón 3728, con el siguiente n° de teléfono: 4897-7811.

Atte.
Mesa Gral. de Entradas.
CFSM

Back