Citizenship

If your citizenship case is denied or goes to limbo you can immediately reapply in a different court/jurisdiction? I seem to recall that there was a case where an applicant was chastised for doing they by an appeals court.
You can apply at the same jurisdiction with a different judge.

This is the ordinary Justice of Buenos Aires province, not the Federal Courts.
Thanks for the correction. Then, is the court in CABA used for applicants with certificados de domicilio in PBA too? I'm asking, because I don't see a listing for PBA here.

Regarding the identity document, does the cédula mean the Argentine ID previous to the DNI that's no longer used or are they saying a cédula from one of the MERCOSUR/ACN countries will suffice? If the latter is the case, would it work if one were a permanent resident of another MERCOSUR country and used that cédula as the ID document (along with passport and birth certificate)?

The resolution of case n°736/14 on 10/11/22 is another interesting read. They shot down the citizenship application for residency less than two years although he had an Argentine spouse.

Courts are on strike? I suppose you are not joking, but this is ... unexpected, to say the least.

I was not asking for an appointment, I am only asking them whether I am in the right place for the procedure and what documents they will be requiring. Or should I just ask for an appointment and then bring documents as required after?
Looks like I will try to apply in San Martin also. Did you ever get a response?

If you guys end up doing it, post the experience. It's one of the jurisdictions I could use. I reread the simplified requirements list and it seems proof of economic solvency is required in the case of parents of Argentines. Is that correct?

Looks like I will try to apply in San Martin also. Did you ever get
Here’s the response with a different email.

para realizar el trámite de ciudadanía debe escribir a la siguiente dirección de mail; [email protected] allí puede solicitar información, pedir el turno y también acompañar la documentación y los escritos para su ulterior inicio.
La oficina encargada es la Receptoria Gral. de Exptes. (4755-5974) sito en Bonifacini 1770; pero "provisoriamente por problemas edilicios" se encuentra atendiendo en la calle; Pueyrredón 3728, con el siguiente n° de teléfono: 4897-7811.

If you guys end up doing it, post the experience. It's one of the jurisdictions I could use. I reread the simplified requirements list and it seems proof of economic solvency is required in the case of parents of Argentines. Is that correct?
I

Thanks for the correction. Then, is the court in CABA used for applicants with certificados de domicilio in PBA too? I'm asking, because I don't see a listing for PBA here.
There are several Federal Chambers at PBA. Where do you live?

Regarding the identity document, does the cédula mean the Argentine ID previous to the DNI that's no longer used or are they saying a cédula from one of the MERCOSUR/ACN countries will suffice? If the latter is the case, would it work if one were a permanent resident of another MERCOSUR country and used that cédula as the ID document (along with passport and birth certificate)?
It was a police ID abolished long time ago.

Back