Citizenships to avoid

My statement inferred that a nuclear war would occur in the northern hemisphere and that being so far south (away from the northern wind currents) with a surplus energy, food and water supply would make Argentine the place to be in the case such an unfortunate event were to occur.
My brother the wizard says you are correct, sir.

My statement inferred that a nuclear war would occur in the northern hemisphere and that being so far south (away from the northern wind currents) with a surplus energy, food and water supply would make Argentine the place to be in the case such an unfortunate event were to occur.
IMG_0097.png

Right. Check out "On the Beach" for how being so far south works out.

It's worth pointing out that radiation from the atomic war did not, in the end, obliterate the inhabitants of my home town, as this video, visiting the locations today where the scenes were shot from January to March of '59, shows.

Ava Gardner reportedly said of Melbourne that she had come to make a movie about the end of world, and they couldn't have picked a more appropriate place for it. Whether she actually said so remains a matter of debate.

Less well-known is that Sinatra was also in town in January of that year for a series of three concerts with the Red Norvo Quintet at Festival Hall (one of which my dear mother claimed to have attended) that became a live album release which is well worth listening to:

Finding themselves together for a few precious days in the city at the end of the world, Ava and Frank allegedly rekindled, albeit briefly and for the final time, their love. They had divorced in 1957.

It is also worth pointing out that Argentina stretches much further south than the latitude where Melbourne sits, so if worst comes to worst, we can all decamp to Ushuaia and see if we are any safer there.

I'm stoked to see that a film released in 1959 is still so well remembered

This person is clueless about AR citizenship. He does not know you can rennounce it, neither that tax is based on domicile not like at the US where is a capitation that follows you anywhere you go.
I watched the video and my understanding is that his claim is that because Argentina doesn't allow renunciation if it ever implements U.S.-style world-wide taxation you won't be able to escape it by renunciation, as a U.S. citizen can. He acknowledges that Argentina's tax system is currently domicile taxation.

Regarding renunciation I couldn't find any confirmation that Argentinian citizenship can be renounced. Can you provide confirmation?

The native or acquired Argentine nationality is irremissible. Any renunciation to it will only be intended as a suspension of political rights, though it does not deprive of rights or obligations related to the nationality as such (Art. 16 - Decree 3213/84).

Unlike most other countries, Argentine nationality cannot be renounced and can only be revoked if it was obtained through criminal means, such as fraudulent documentation.

Consequently an Argentine national may not be able to acquire the nationality of a country that requires renunciation of other national identities; however, many countries waive this requirement if renouncing the other nationality is impossible.

Argentina​

Argentina is one of the few countries in the world where its citizens cannot renounce their citizenship. According to Art. 75- section 12 of the Argentine Constitution, Art. 16 of Decree 3213/84 and judicial interpretation of the Supreme Court, the Argentine nationality is irrevocable. Argentinians seeking citizenships in countries where multiple nationalities is prohibited can contact their Consulates to obtain proof of the irrevocability of Argentine nationality.

Right. Check out "On the Beach" for how being so far south works out.
It's amusing how when Gregory Peck arrives in Melbourne life goes on as uaual. Trains and buses are operating normally. People go about their lives as though there were no end in sight!

Back