Clarin Article On Domestic Employees, Salaries Etc

sergio

Registered
This may be of interest to those who employ domestics:

http://www.entremujeres.com/trabajo/preguntas-personal-domestico_0_807519330.html

Thanks Sergio - that's a great article. I find navigating that space so confusing. I have been told that for full time workers, it's 8 hours a day and SIX days a week (so 48) hours.

It's a big jump in salaries at 25% increase.

It's still under 14 pesos an hour calculated at 48 hours a week. I think the people on this forum already pay 25-30 an hour....

The hourly rate is always higher than the rate for a full time employee. Some people on this forum have full time domestic employees. Full time employees usually receive room and board,

Full time, live-in domestic employees (c/cama) actually earn a higher salary too on top of their room and board.

I see, so is this the new wage with free room and board included? Or just the full-time wage?

Hourly to salaried employees is comparing apples and oranges. Those who work hourly don't work a full time schedule so even if they're earning 30 pesos an hour, they don't work 8 hours a day every day. They may not work every day. They have to commute between jobs, they don't have a consistent salary, no guaranteed schedule, etc. That's why hourly is paid higher.

Can someone confirm - is full-time technically 48 hours a week? I hear it all the time but have never been able to confirm it 100%.

Back