Cleanliness of Palermo or Other Safe Neighborhoods

I still find it much cheaper than the US, outside of electronics, appliances, clothing.

Do other people think it's not much cheaper? Curious if I'm the only one thinking this
It is so much cheaper than the States. My favorite neighborhood cafe yesterday had a lunch menu executivo for 6000. P. You can't get a glass of house wine in the States for 6$. I can still get a nice bottle of wine at my Chino for 2000.p.

I just had my first cafe con leche in seven weeks. 2 mil pesos plus tip. Let's say USD 1.80 at the blue rate. Let's say AUD 2.80. The equivalent purchased in Melbourne last week was AUD 6.00.

(Having said that, it was a bit of a culture shock to arrive back on Saturday and pay the equivalent of USD 7.00 at the Chino for a roll of kitchen paper and a kitchen surface spray.)

It is so much cheaper than the States. My favorite neighborhood cafe yesterday had a lunch menu executivo for 6000. P. You can't get a glass of house wine in the States for 6$. I can still get a nice bottle of wine at my Chino for 2000.p.
My Nampe still a bargain at my local Chino for 1500 pesos.

My Nampe still a bargain at my local Chino for 1500 pesos.
I just read multiple posts regarding the prevalence of dog waste. I recently returned from Cozumel, Mexico and was disgusted to see it on the sidewalk there, except for the one main street along the water. If I find an apartment in Palermo or Recoleta will I be surrounded by waste and garbage? What are the cleanest neighborhoods? I want to find somewhere that I can enjoy walking without seeing and smelling waste. Any suggestions?
try a nice evening stroll in Miami, west of US 1. If you're brave enough for that, you'll love Buenos Aires.

I still find it much cheaper than the US, outside of electronics, appliances, clothing.

Do other people think it's not much cheaper? Curious if I'm the only one thinking this
I think the flashing red light we're forgetting is in dollar terms. Argentina is getting incredibly expensive in pesos, and so much so that some specific items are approaching US/EU prices as we've talked about, whether food, or things that were always expensive, such as electronics, appliances, clothes, etc.

I think the flashing red light we're forgetting is in dollar terms. Argentina is getting incredibly expensive in pesos, and so much so that some specific items are approaching US/EU prices as we've talked about, whether food, or things that were always expensive, such as electronics, appliances, clothes, etc.
Argentina still has a way to go before it's as expensive as the US. And the Dollar Blue is rising again.

That's what I was referring to - dollar terms. Someone said it's not much cheaper so yankees can't take advantage any more.

It's been incredibly expensive in pesos for a while now and will get even more so.

That's what I was referring to - dollar terms. Someone said it's not much cheaper so yankees can't take advantage any more.

It's been incredibly expensive in pesos for a while now and will get even more so.

If there is a small silver lining to this it's that all the people that are here because “it's cheap” will migrate to other places. And this in my opinion is good. I think that you live in Buenos Aires (or Argentina) for many reasons, and being cheap it's definitely not the most important one. I have seen a ranking of the cheapest cities for digital nomad recently, and Buenos Aires is now number 15.

Back